Wonder why this site was down on March 12, Friday, 2010

Read about the latest happenings of our site. Also the place for board members to let admin know of account problems, posting problems, troll posts, etc. Please include a link to the post and/or a description of the problem.

Moderator: Section Moderators

peacefulriver
Fresh Hands

Wonder why this site was down on March 12, Friday, 2010

Post by peacefulriver » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Hello, folks.
Tried to go here yesterday, but it was down. Wondering what happened.

ccMarie
Registered Member

Re: Wonder why this site was down on March 12, Friday, 2010

Post by ccMarie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:45 pm

I didn't have any problems, I did log in yesterday, as did everyone else on the Admin/Mod team.

Can you help us by describing your problem?

Was it SQL error page, 403 Forbidden, 404 Not Found, redirected to another site? I am not aware of other members having this problem, but it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Any info you can give will certainly help.
You are not on this planet to produce anything with your body. You are on this planet to produce something with your soul. Your body is simply and merely the tool of your soul.

- Neale Donald Walsh Conversations with God

Shannon
Registered Member

Post by Shannon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:49 pm

I was able to get on yesterday but late last night/early this morning about 1 am Mountain time,the site would not pull up at all.
It would tell me that it had timed out trying to load the site.

ccMarie
Registered Member

Post by ccMarie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:56 pm

I don't know a lot of technical interwebs stuff.... but, if we are on a shared server, possibly another website was using up all the ether?

It doesn't seem likely at the middle of the night that our forum would be so busy it would time out.
You are not on this planet to produce anything with your body. You are on this planet to produce something with your soul. Your body is simply and merely the tool of your soul.

maestra
Site Admin

Post by maestra » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:53 pm

I had no problems with the site yesterday.
But, if it happens again you might try typing BWOL's address into the search box.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
“Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell” - Bill Copeland

peacefulriver
Fresh Hands

Post by peacefulriver » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:44 pm

maestra, that was the website i went to, and it said that it was down for everyone.

no error message.

ccMarie
Registered Member

Post by ccMarie » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Please let us know if it happens again. If it does happen, could you save a screen shot & post it here for us? That will help us to see what your problem may be.

Interestingly enough, I went to that link you gave maestra, & it told me the site was down for everyone (even though I was logged in). Later, when I went back to http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/, it said it was down just for me. I was still logged in. Thought that was interesting. Never heard of that website before.

Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Post by Sole_Purpose » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:07 pm

I had an issue on that day, too. I tried logging onto the forum in the AM, but when the site wouldn't come up I just moved on and didn't try logging back in that day. I am using a Mac w/Safari browser. I was impatient and didn't wait for an error message. When it just sat there trying to open, I closed the window. Usually, I figure it's my computer or the forum's server. Sorry I can't be of more help, but wanted to confirm that something was happening for some of us on that day.

Timedess
Registered Member

Post by Timedess » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:26 pm

I don't recall whether I tried to log into BWOL on Friday or not, but I can say that I have had a *severely* challenging time with BWOL off and on for quite a long time (months). I don't know whether it's just me, if the site is down as a whole, if it's my internet service provider, or what. Some days, even if I can get logged into BWOL, I can browse all I want, but if I try to post something, it's like the whole site crashes and I can't get back in for days.

Funny thing is, up until today, every time I thought "I ought to post about this and see if anyone has any answers", it would happen and I couldn't get the message posted.

I haven't been having any trouble today.
~Renee

holley
Registered Member

Post by holley » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:45 am

Same for me as for Timedness,
'Every Day is a god, each day a goddess and holiness pours forth in time."

Return to “News & Troubleshooting”