still having trouble with bwol coming online

Read about the latest happenings of our site. Also the place for board members to let admin know of account problems, posting problems, troll posts, etc. Please include a link to the post and/or a description of the problem.

Moderator: Section Moderators

still having trouble with bwol coming online

Postby AnastasiaB on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Still getting GENERAL ERROR when I use my IP... is it the board or me?
Anastasia B

Be who you are and say what you feel, because people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind. - Theodore S. Geisel - [Dr. Seuss][

www.mymassageworks.embarqspace.com
AnastasiaB
Registered Member

Re: still having trouble with bwol coming online

Postby pueppi on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:10 pm

I have to click the little green arrows (top right near the http:// box) a second time, when it gives a general error, in order to get in. :smt017
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby AnastasiaB on Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:40 pm

No such luck with the back or forward arrows either..... got on here today through the reply thingy in my inbox for my personal email.
Anastasia B

Be who you are and say what you feel, because people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind. - Theodore S. Geisel - [Dr. Seuss][

AnastasiaB
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:04 am

Sorry, I wasn't more explanatory. I meant this button (see my "black with red center" arrow on right side of picture :) ):

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby AnastasiaB on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:02 am

OH! Refresh - no luck with it either.... maybe it's just because I'm such a "hard case".
Anastasia B

AnastasiaB
Registered Member

Postby EgoMagickian on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:14 pm

AnastasiaB wrote:Still getting GENERAL ERROR when I use my IP... is it the board or me?

What do you mean "when I use my IP"?
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Postby AnastasiaB on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:53 am

IJP - internet provider rather than accessing through email notifications that something has been posted on bwol.
Anastasia B

AnastasiaB
Registered Member

Postby Rose of Sharon on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:00 am

AnastasiaB wrote:IJP - internet provider rather than accessing through email notifications that something has been posted on bwol.

You are typing directly into the address line of your browser, I believe. Going through the email notification uses the same internet provider, so I don't think it is your internet service or bwol, but rather the browser you are using. I was having trouble with firefox after they upgraded, and switched to google chrome. I haven't had much trouble at all with it, but I usually *do* come to bwol using a link in my email, anyway. It's just easier, since I'm in there anyway and clicking the link opens the browser for me. It could be that whatever browser you are using does not like whatever software bwol is using....there seem a lot of glitches in communicating with the phpBB software. Upgrades.....nice features, necessary to keep it working at all, very buggy for awhile.....ugh. My nightmare is having to upgrade anything on my computer, lol. It can be SO irritating!!!
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Postby pueppi on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:36 pm

AnastasiaB,

If it helps any, I use this link, saved in my favorites, as my "get in". http://www.bodyworkonline.com/forum/
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to News & Troubleshooting