Add foe???

Read about the latest happenings of our site. Also the place for board members to let admin know of account problems, posting problems, troll posts, etc. Please include a link to the post and/or a description of the problem.

Moderator: Section Moderators

kathryn
Registered Member

Add foe???

Post by kathryn » Fri May 01, 2009 1:43 am

When I am logged in and click on a board member's name, what does "add foe" mean? I can either click "add friend" or "add foe". Is there a list of names that I should be compiling as enemies?--ha ha--

ccMarie
Registered Member

Re: Add foe???

Post by ccMarie » Fri May 01, 2009 4:21 am

When you add someone as a foe, you basically just don't see their posts. Where their post would be is the statement,
This post was made by member name who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
I am not sure how you receive PMs from a foe, but it is essentially the ignore function some people want.

If you add someone as a friend, you get special indicators if they are on or offline. If your friend replies to a post, I think it is supposed to highlight the thread. If your friend in online, they will move to the top of your friends list (separated by a line from your offline friends). People you have added as friends, will also have their member name by their posts show up in italics if they are offline, and regular if they are online.

I am not sure if these are the only features. This is just kind of what I figured out from just looking around the new board.
You are not on this planet to produce anything with your body. You are on this planet to produce something with your soul. Your body is simply and merely the tool of your soul.

- Neale Donald Walsh Conversations with God

Shannon
Registered Member

Post by Shannon » Fri May 01, 2009 10:54 am

I have added a few people to my friend's list and it doesn't highlight them,even though I did read that it is suppose too.

ccMarie
Registered Member

Post by ccMarie » Fri May 01, 2009 11:52 am

i noticed their posts are not highlighted either, at first I thought maybe I just wasn't noticing it. Maybe our version doesn't support that feature.

My friends DO show up on my Front Page of my User Control Panel.
You are not on this planet to produce anything with your body. You are on this planet to produce something with your soul. Your body is simply and merely the tool of your soul.

- Neale Donald Walsh Conversations with God

Return to “News & Troubleshooting”