New board is up (if you couldn't tell!)

Read about the latest happenings of our site. Also the place for board members to let admin know of account problems, posting problems, troll posts, etc. Please include a link to the post and/or a description of the problem.

Moderator: Section Moderators

Breathe
Registered Member

Re: New board is up (if you couldn't tell!)

Post by Breathe » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:39 am

healingtime wrote: Thank you ccMarie, I just tried the search function again and I did get some return this time, but seems I am only getting results from recent posts, I am noticing only results found with this month.
On these types of board, sometimes you have to tell the search to look for all posts. It should be in your settings, or you can use the advanced search and pick "all time" from the drop-down list. I think the default view is only the last 30 days.
abusing the word "actually" since 1973

Blisss
Registered Member

Post by Blisss » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:09 am

I noticed with the board upgrade, we lost the "view your posts" option on the home page. Can this be made available again?

ccMarie
Registered Member

Post by ccMarie » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:24 am

Blisss wrote:I noticed with the board upgrade, we lost the "view your posts" option on the home page. Can this be made available again?
It is still there, just toward the top left. Next to User Control Panel, (O new messages) & View your posts. You can also view your posts by going into the UCP, where you will see the Front Page, there is also a link to show your posts.
You are not on this planet to produce anything with your body. You are on this planet to produce something with your soul. Your body is simply and merely the tool of your soul.

- Neale Donald Walsh Conversations with God

Blisss
Registered Member

Post by Blisss » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:28 am

Thanks ccMarie! How did I miss seeing that? Thanks also for directing me to the User Control Panel. I like it! Lots of new options, including an "ignore" option the "friends & foes" section. Funny, there's no one I want to ignore right now, but in the past, it would have come in handy, and no doubt will in the future.

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:30 am

I have to admit, I'd be happier with the old "subSilver" option for a background. This background is a bit large in mass and difficult to read and skim quickly. It may be the actual font, so, if anyone knows how I can change the font to read it easier, please let me know.

Also, I was going to post a link to the old "Ignore Function" thread, so people would have a cross link to read that from times past, since we now have a "Friends & Foes", but unfortunately I cannot make the search function find the word "ignore"... I am a search-queen and a bit worried that I can't find anything! :shocked:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

ccMarie
Registered Member

Post by ccMarie » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am

pueppi wrote:
Also, I was going to post a link to the old "Ignore Function" thread, so people would have a cross link to read that from times past, since we now have a "Friends & Foes", but unfortunately I cannot make the search function find the word "ignore"... I am a search-queen and a bit worried that I can't find anything! :shocked:
Josh said there were some problems with the search function, so I am sure those will be addressed soon.

This is just one of the previous threads on the ignore feature. There were a couple others, too.
Ignore Feature Poll
Found another:
Status on Ignore Feature

I tried it to see what it looks like when you add someone as a foe. Where their post is, you see a bar that says:
This post was made by member name who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
So you have the option to view what they posted, but if you don't display it, it's like that post isn't even there. You can see what has been posted by the member if someone else has quoted them in a post.
Last edited by ccMarie on Fri May 01, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to add found link
You are not on this planet to produce anything with your body. You are on this planet to produce something with your soul. Your body is simply and merely the tool of your soul.

healingtime
Registered Member

Post by healingtime » Fri May 01, 2009 5:33 am

ccMarie, How did you find that "Ignore Feature Poll" ? The search function is still not working for me either. It's weird, though, when I search "massage" now I get 84 results from as far back as 2003, but everything else is only results from within this month.

Breathe , Thank you for the heads up on the search function. Nothing I do is making a change in my search results. I use the advanced search option and I also make sure it's marked for "all posts" but still nothing.

I'm wondering if some members are seeing results and others aren't for some strange reason?
I really use the search function a lot here and really miss it.

ccMarie
Registered Member

Post by ccMarie » Fri May 01, 2009 5:50 am

healingtime wrote:ccMarie, How did you find that "Ignore Feature Poll" ? The search function is still not working for me either. It's weird, though, when I search "massage" now I get 84 results from as far back as 2003, but everything else is only results from within this month.
Actually, I just remembered some of the members that participated in the thread and then looked through their previous posts to find the thread. (Slooooooooow going. :altwink: )

I don't *think* the search function is working properly at this time for anyone.

Breathe
Registered Member

Post by Breathe » Fri May 01, 2009 5:30 pm

ccMarie wrote:
I don't *think* the search function is working properly at this time for anyone.

Yeah, it's not actually working right for me either. Sorry, I should have verified that. It looks like the default advanced search for this board is already set to "all time."
abusing the word "actually" since 1973

Blisss
Registered Member

Post by Blisss » Sun May 03, 2009 12:20 pm

I just discovered a new board option that I absolutely love. When sending private messages now, the board keeps a "message history", so you can actually see the conversation on one thread, instead of one PM at a time. Nice!!

ccMarie
Registered Member

Post by ccMarie » Sat May 09, 2009 5:05 pm

pueppi wrote:
Just wanted to report that the search function has been working great for me now.
All the search-queens and kings rejoice!

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Sun May 10, 2009 6:25 am

*rejoices as suggested* :joyous:

Did I mention that I love how this new board keeps the unread threads for as long as it needs until we read them? I can log in and out and it will still keep those. Fantabulous!!!!

Any news on if we can change the font yet? I am sure it was a process for Josh (thanks Josh!!!) to get the search function working, but a girl can still be waiting with bated breath, right?!?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...

ccMarie
Registered Member

Post by ccMarie » Sun May 10, 2009 6:51 am

pueppi wrote:
Any news on if we can change the font yet? I am sure it was a process for Josh (thanks Josh!!!) to get the search function working, but a girl can still be waiting with bated breath, right?!?
Just a thought, but at the top of the page, there is an option for a print view. Click the button that looks like a printer with paper (top right by login/logout). Maybe it will make it easier for scanning the posts?

I also love that the topics are saved as "new" until I read them, and you can filter recent posts for 1 week up to 1 year.

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Sun May 10, 2009 6:54 am

ccMarie wrote:
Just a thought, but at the top of the page, there is an option for a print view. Click the button that looks like a printer with paper (top right by login/logout). Maybe it will make it easier for scanning the posts?
I totally appreciate the thought, but then I'll have to take even more time to change the fonts from the thread to the printable form which will triple-to-quadruple up on the amount clicking it already takes to get through the forum in a given day. Bad for me, as I am already lagging behind due to the font issue.

But, please keep those ideas coming!!!!! :)

MarionFM
Moderator-S.S.S

Post by MarionFM » Mon May 11, 2009 5:45 am

Under the old board, sometimes it would indicate that there were 2 or 3 pages of posts since I had last checked. Quite oftenm it would allow me to see only the first page and then say that nothing could be found.

I had hoped this would be solved with the new board. However, it happened again today, but with a little more detail. It tells me there are 130 'new' posts and shows '3 pages'. However, at the end of the first page, I tried both 'next' and clicking on the '2', and it indicated that there were no post to show.

Resolution of this would be great. I can't always get on as often as i would like and I hate to miss posts.

Thanks, Marion

Dragonflies
Site Admin

Post by Dragonflies » Mon May 11, 2009 5:50 am

Shannon wrote:Any new choices coming soon for different backgrounds? As much as I love the new format,I cannot stay on here long because it starts to strain my eyes and gives me headaches. For me its to bright and I need something softer...so other options would be great.
Ditto!
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull

Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Post by Rose of Sharon » Mon May 11, 2009 6:33 am

MarionFM wrote:Under the old board, sometimes it would indicate that there were 2 or 3 pages of posts since I had last checked. Quite oftenm it would allow me to see only the first page and then say that nothing could be found.

I had hoped this would be solved with the new board. However, it happened again today, but with a little more detail. It tells me there are 130 'new' posts and shows '3 pages'. However, at the end of the first page, I tried both 'next' and clicking on the '2', and it indicated that there were no post to show.

Resolution of this would be great. I can't always get on as often as i would like and I hate to miss posts.

Thanks, Marion
The little "paper" icon right before each forum and each thread within a forum, and each post within each thread, will be white or red. If it is red by the forum, there are new posts within that forum. Those red posts are within the threads with the red icon, and only the new posts in that thread will have the red icon. Always stop (and read) on the red light ;) and you'll never miss a post.
Sharon

Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Post by Rose of Sharon » Mon May 11, 2009 6:35 am

Rose of Sharon wrote:
MarionFM wrote:Under the old board, sometimes it would indicate that there were 2 or 3 pages of posts since I had last checked. Quite oftenm it would allow me to see only the first page and then say that nothing could be found.

Thanks, Marion
The little "paper" icon right before each forum and each thread within a section, and each post within each thread, will be white or red. If it is red by the forum, there are new posts within that forum. Those red posts are within the threads with the red icon, and only the new posts in that thread will have the red icon. Always stop (and read) on the red light ;) and you'll never miss a post.
ETA: I just looked at the forum again......it's a circle in front of each section that is either colored red or not.
Sharon

Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Post by Rose of Sharon » Mon May 11, 2009 6:36 am

Thanks, Marion
The little "paper" icon right before each forum and each thread within a section, and each post within each thread, will be white or red. If it is red by the forum, there are new posts within that forum. Those red posts are within the threads with the red icon, and only the new posts in that thread will have the red icon. Always stop (and read) on the red light ;) and you'll never miss a post.

ETA: I just looked at the forum again......it's now a circle in front of each section and each thread that is either colored red or not, and the paper icon in front of each post within a thread.
Sharon

Return to “News & Troubleshooting”