New board is up (if you couldn't tell!)

Read about the latest happenings of our site. Also the place for board members to let admin know of account problems, posting problems, troll posts, etc. Please include a link to the post and/or a description of the problem.

Moderator: Section Moderators

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

New board is up (if you couldn't tell!)

Post by EgoMagickian » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:24 am

Hi folks,

So the board has been upgraded... for some reason it was fraught with difficulties and took way longer than it was supposed to.

As I type this the search index for the board is rebuilding, so if you search and don't get any results, wait an hour or so... if it's not working when I check back in later, I'll redo it.

Lots on the to do list as we transition... feel free to leave any comments/questions/requests here.

ccMarie
Registered Member

Re: New board is up (if you couldn't tell!)

Post by ccMarie » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:47 am

EgoMagickian wrote:... for some reason it was fraught with difficulties and took way longer than it was supposed to.
Hope it wasn't too bad for you.

Looks great, and I am getting my toes wet this morning. ;)

Oh yeah, I love how when you choose view active topics, you can see posts from days ago, not just since last time logged in.
You are not on this planet to produce anything with your body. You are on this planet to produce something with your soul. Your body is simply and merely the tool of your soul.

- Neale Donald Walsh Conversations with God

Blisss
Registered Member

Post by Blisss » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:55 am

Thanks for all the work you do to support BWOL, Josh! I'm having a "who moved my cheese" moment. Change! Eeeks. But I'm activating my "Adapt" muscles, and will soon love the new BWOL.

ccMarie
Registered Member

Post by ccMarie » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:03 am

Blisss, that's a good way to put it. I was feeling a bit like shoes on the wrong feet.
You are not on this planet to produce anything with your body. You are on this planet to produce something with your soul. Your body is simply and merely the tool of your soul.

Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Post by Rose of Sharon » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:15 am

I love it! It will take a bit of getting used to, but as much as I check in, that won't take too long, lol. I LOVE the easy access to smilies. :smt006
Sharon

Shannon
Registered Member

Post by Shannon » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:38 am

I thought there would be more backgrounds to choose from? Other than that I love it! :D

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:01 am

Wow... this is nice! :)

Of course it's gonna take a few weeks to get into the feel of it and be able to adjust my eyes to a new "reading pattern", but may I say I am so thankful the pagination for this board is better than the last one. I can move ahead by at least 4 pages at a time now, when searching the memberlist!

Wish we could get the persons name who is making the post back on the left side... but so far, that is my only request.

Thanks for all the hard work! A great success!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

palpable
Registered Member

Post by palpable » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:51 am

Thanks for the work to everyone!!!

I, too, am warming up the "adapt" muscles.
Move on as quickly as you can to people who get you and what you do. -Robert Chute

eyesofblue
Registered Member

Post by eyesofblue » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:03 am

Great Job! Thanks for all the hard work to all who were involved. :)

Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Post by Rose of Sharon » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:05 am

eyesofblue wrote:Great Job! Thanks for all the hard work to all who were involved. :)
EgoMagickian gets all the credit!!
Sharon

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:24 am

Hey! For all who wanted it... there is a "Report This Post" function now. It's the little exclamation point in the top right hand corner of a "post".
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Post by EgoMagickian » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:35 am

1) Left handed view will be forth coming

2) Not ALL the credit... this would NOT have happened without everyone else's participation. Thanks to all of the volunteers here, and the BWO community without which there would have been no one to volunteer for :-)

Talenyn
Retired Moderator - SSS

Post by Talenyn » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:23 pm

Looks great so far! Thanks Josh. I know this wasn't exactly easy!
The Other Side of the Sun - Earth's Treasures Brought to Light - www.tosots.com

riversinger

Post by riversinger » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:29 pm

I feel like I've been out of the loop of late - as I've had a lot going on - mostly all good though!

Anyway the change looks great & thanks for all the hard work Josh!

Gotta play around with new format for awhile & get the hang of it of course, but it seems pretty straight forward so far. :D
The song of the spirit is as the song
of the river, on a journey back to source.

stonegirl

Post by stonegirl » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:59 am

It's so purdy!! Thanks Josh! :bow:

healingtime
Registered Member

Post by healingtime » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:55 am

I hope you are getting some :smt015 or :massage: now!
When you are rested up I was wondering about the Search function? I noticed you mentioned you were going to work on the search function, but I don't know if it might just be me or my computer that is having difficulty with it working now? I might have mentioned before I am sometimes technologically challenged (among other things, :lol: ) I love the easy access to smilies too! :smt007
Thank you for all the hard work on getting the new board up!

Ella Menneau
Registered Member

Post by Ella Menneau » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:34 am

pueppi wrote: Wish we could get the persons name who is making the post back on the left side... but so far, that is my only request.
+1
Pain is a natural occurrence. Suffering is a choice.

GreenDragonfly

Post by GreenDragonfly » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:24 am

Looks great! Thanks for all your hard work Josh!
Laughter is the best medicine :) It's good for the soul and great for the abs!

ccMarie
Registered Member

Post by ccMarie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:51 am

Ella Menneau wrote:
pueppi wrote: Wish we could get the persons name who is making the post back on the left side... but so far, that is my only request.
+1
At the beginning of the post, where it says Re: Thread Topic, underneath is the posting member name in blue (also a link to their profile). I kind of like the avatar & other info "off to the side".

Also, I love the font size feature at the top of the page (look for the A above your logout button). Nice to have to text larger without having to scroll across to read posts.

ccMarie
Registered Member

Post by ccMarie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:10 am

healingtime wrote: I noticed you mentioned you were going to work on the search function, but I don't know if it might just be me or my computer that is having difficulty with it working now?
I tried searching for massage, and so far that worked.
You may use the AND, OR, and NOT operators to indicate which words you want to search for. Use AND to indicate that multiple words MUST be found. Use OR to indicate that a word is optional/alternate. Use NOT to indicate that a word should not be present in the topics displayed.

You may use the asterisk(*) wildcard character to broaden your search.
I just tried a search for massage AND sheets, and got a return with every word highlighted (including the AND). I guess that is what Josh was talking about.

MarionFM
Moderator-S.S.S

Post by MarionFM » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:04 am

Thanks for all the work Josh - it looks much cleaner. Just FYI, I could not get in until 11.30 on Monday.
I'm having a "who moved my cheese" moment. Change! Eeeks. But I'm activating my "Adapt" muscles, and will soon love the new BWOL.
I agree with Blisss!

healingtime
Registered Member

Post by healingtime » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:20 am

ccMarie wrote:
healingtime wrote: I noticed you mentioned you were going to work on the search function, but I don't know if it might just be me or my computer that is having difficulty with it working now?
I tried searching for massage, and so far that worked.

Thank you ccMarie, I just tried the search function again and I did get some return this time, but seems I am only getting results from recent posts, I am noticing only results found with this month. For instance, I searched "craniosacral" and "mfr" and got the message that nothing was found. I'm guessing bugs are still being worked out? I also tried massage chairs and only got 1 result.

BWOL is my life support as I'm getting my business up and running! I have developed a dependency, ha, can we have a forum for BWOL addiction support for the therapist? I love this place! :)

snailshells
Fresh Hands

Post by snailshells » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:45 pm

wow new format! thank you for all your time and hard work josh!
i am also having search function difficulties. i tried searching for "sacrowedgy" (and various adulterations) to re-find the posts about this tool that i have previously searched for before the forum was updated, but am not having any luck. i also tried a few common terms, but those turned up very small results - like "massage" turned up only 26 hits!!! something about that one, especially, doesn't seem right! ;)

Shannon
Registered Member

Post by Shannon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Any new choices coming soon for different backgrounds? As much as I love the new format,I cannot stay on here long because it starts to strain my eyes and gives me headaches. For me its to bright and I need something softer...so other options would be great.

AnastasiaB
Registered Member

Post by AnastasiaB » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:42 pm

I like the new methods of doing things on this board, but, like Shannon, this background is way too bright for me and will definitely give me headaches from the eye strain from squinting to dim the brightness.

It is definitely going to take a bit of adaptation on my part, but, for the most part, I like this new look [if we could have another choice or 2 it would be even sweeter]. Thanks for your hard work.
Anastasia B

Be who you are and say what you feel, because people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind. - Theodore S. Geisel - [Dr. Seuss][

www.mymassageworks.embarqspace.com

Return to “News & Troubleshooting”