Save draft modification added!

Read about the latest happenings of our site. Also the place for board members to let admin know of account problems, posting problems, troll posts, etc. Please include a link to the post and/or a description of the problem.

Moderator: Section Moderators

Masthera
Retired Site Admin

Save draft modification added!

Post by Masthera » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:52 pm

You should now notice, in your posting screen, the open to "Save as draft". It is to the left of your preview and submit buttons.

By choosing that option, the post is saved and you can come back to it at a later time.

You will see, on the upper right side of the index page (below Log in/Log out function), a new item highlighted. It reads: View your drafts and topics you have posted to.

It looks like this:
View posts since last visit
View your drafts and topics you have posted to
<--- the new draft info
View unanswered posts

You can access your drafts there. Once done with them, just choose submit and it will post to the board as normal.

Enjoy! :D
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
- Henry Ford

Breathe
Registered Member

Post by Breathe » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:53 pm

Wow! very cool, this is the first time I've ever seen this on a discussion board. :banana:
abusing the word "actually" since 1973

Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Post by Rose of Sharon » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:54 pm

I just tried it - saved it as a draft just fine, and came up for me to review and post, but it would not allow me to post it. It said that I can only edit for hours.

Sorry. I HAD to play with it. :roll: But I wanted to post back with good news.
Sharon

riversinger

Post by riversinger » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:40 am

I've actually taken to writing my pieces, then done a quick copy, posted it, then deleted the post, corrected whatever I needed to & pasted it on a new post. It's worked, though it is a bit of a pain to do.
The song of the spirit is as the song
of the river, on a journey back to source.

Masthera
Retired Site Admin

Post by Masthera » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:06 am

Thanks for letting me know. I tried, but being Admin it doesn't happen to me.

The person who helped with the glitch for the draft mod is helping me with the edit mod too. Hopefully today I can get that one working right. It is just a simple edit to the program, but I am not sure where the file is. Hopefully he can tell me.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
- Henry Ford

Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Post by Rose of Sharon » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:32 am

Masthera wrote:Thanks for letting me know. I tried, but being Admin it doesn't happen to me.

The person who helped with the glitch for the draft mod is helping me with the edit mod too. Hopefully today I can get that one working right. It is just a simple edit to the program, but I am not sure where the file is. Hopefully he can tell me.
I'm sorry it is so much work!!! Thank you for doing all this. You put so much into our forum!
Sharon

makingachange
Registered Member

Post by makingachange » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:43 am

this feature is so awesome - i worked on a post that i wanted to be perfect when i submitted it. but now i can't get in to post it. is there a way or do i just need to start over? it's in my drafts place but the message says i can't open it.

thanks a million!
amanda

Masthera
Retired Site Admin

Post by Masthera » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:28 am

makingachange wrote:this feature is so awesome - i worked on a post that i wanted to be perfect when i submitted it. but now i can't get in to post it. is there a way or do i just need to start over? it's in my drafts place but the message says i can't open it.

thanks a million!
amanda
I forwarded your question to the technical admin, since I don't know why this is happening to you.
- Henry Ford

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Post by EgoMagickian » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:35 am

Anyone else who tries this feature, please post your experience, both positive and negative. Is this feature working well for anyone?

Return to “News & Troubleshooting”