Post Your Website Here

An artistic area and computer technology section all rolled into one. Here to help bring you into the computer information age and provide inspiration for your website.

Moderators: Talenyn, stonegirl

my website

Postby akashafive on Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:11 pm

I've been working on my site for a while and am still tweaking things, but I'd like to know what others think and would happily receive any feedback or ideas you guys may have. Thanks for looking!

http://www.akashicbodywork.com

Akasha

ps- Everyones sites are just wonderful. They really motivated me to create my own:)
-Akasha
"Happiness is a journey, not a destination."
-Nancy Giles
akashafive
Registered Member

Postby shivashiva on Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:03 pm

Great website Akasha! I really like the look and feel of it. You definitely have developed a theme and I like it. I also like the bolded first few sentences as they answer the most pertinent questions. Here is some constructive criticism (knowing it's just my opinion!) :)

"Try a fully clothed Table session/chair massage!" -- this makes me think there is a session that is a "table session slash chair massage" that somehow it is both. Would it be better to put "fully clothed table session or chair massage" ??

"Try a slow, gentle Sotai session with me!" Having the exclamation point on the end seems a little incongruent. slow gentle!!! (small point, though)

"I want to introduce you to massage and bodywork that won't make you uncomfortable or embarrassed" I would suggest phrasing this in positive terms. Why would massage make anyone feel uncomfortable or embarrassed? Do you expose the client? Maybe something like "I want to introduce you to massage and bodywork that helps you therapeutically while being comfortable and safe." or "comfortable and pleasant" use positive words instead of scary words. "She's going to embarrass me?" I'm thinking as I read it.

Your "What to expect" section is really great and very detailed. And I like that your about me page has your picture.

Great site and thanks for sharing. :)

ps. I like the name, too.
Shiva
O friend, understand. / The body is like the ocean, rich with hidden treasures. / Open your innermost chamber / And light its lamp - Mirabai
Blue Lotus Day Spa, Ruidoso, NM | Residential Yoga Teacher Trainings & Bali Yoga Retreats
shivashiva
Registered Member

Postby nolalmt on Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:43 pm

nolalmt
Registered Member

Thanks!

Postby akashafive on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Shiva,

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I've made the changes and it does sound much better now. I guess I just get a little excited about the while thing and it comes out in my typing :P
-Akasha
"Happiness is a journey, not a destination."
-Nancy Giles
akashafive
Registered Member

Link exchange with pr3 massage site.

Postby tj on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:23 pm

Hi everyone
[duplicate post removed]
Regards Tracy
knotscornermassage dot com dot au

edited on 06-25-2008 by ccMarie to remove duplicate post.
Massage, Brisbane, coorparoo, Body repairs. Trigger point, Skeletal mobilization, Sports, deeptissue, pregnancy massage. Headache relief. Easy parking.
tj
Fresh Hands

Postby rtamm on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:28 pm

Rebecca
rtamm
Registered Member

Postby CtScapula on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:18 am

j-vaughn dot com is my websiteany feedback is welcome

soon i'll be able to link, but check my sig for link

thanks
J. Vaughn, LMT
Targeting Your Well-Being
http://www.j-vaughn.com/
jvaughn@massagetherapy.com
CtScapula
Fresh Hands

Postby rmt4u on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:18 pm

I just finished putting the last bit of my web site up, please take a look and let me know what you think.
I used www.homestead.com and the process was fairly easy, still working on my meta tags, discriptions, and working on making a mailing list function, oh and some one metioned java script?? there is a box for that on the homestead site but not sure how to work it

Thanks
Brian
rmt4u
Registered Member

Postby thebodyworker on Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:28 pm

I have been looking through many of the sites listed here looking to see what people write on their main home page and I have to say that it seems like most people are focusing on themselves and what they do rather than what solution you provide for clients.

Is that working to get a steady flow of new clients to your business?

I am just curious to see if that is working. How many new clients are you getting each week?

Thanks
Julie
thebodyworker
Registered Member

Postby rmt4u on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:37 am

rmt4u wrote:I just finished putting the last bit of my web site up, please take a look and let me know what you think.
I used www.homestead.com and the process was fairly easy, still working on my meta tags, discriptions, and working on making a mailing list function, oh and some one metioned java script?? there is a box for that on the homestead site but not sure how to work it

Thanks
Brian

oops forgot to add my meb address www.balancedlivingwellness.com please let me know what you think

Thanks
rmt4u
Registered Member

Postby Amy on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:46 am

massagegeek wrote:I have been looking through many of the sites listed here looking to see what people write on their main home page and I have to say that it seems like most people are focusing on themselves and what they do rather than what solution you provide for clients.

Is that working to get a steady flow of new clients to your business?

I am just curious to see if that is working. How many new clients are you getting each week?

Thanks
Julie

Hi Julie,

I have been getting at least 2-3 new clients a week. A few weeks ago, I have 5 new clients in a week. My website has been working great for me!

Amy
Amy
Registered Member

Postby kathryn on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:23 pm

My new site is www.rajamroose.com

No longer using the healthy-kneads site!
kathryn
Registered Member

Re: Post Your Website Here

Postby pt.massage on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:55 am

Here's mine! inactive link removed by Stonegirl 2/26/2012 ! Let me know what you think :)
pt.massage
Fresh Hands

Postby AngelaJudy on Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:48 am

I have not yet purchased a domain for my site, but I put a link to it in my online advertisement and I don't think anyone really notices. I will get one later, I only started out a few months ago, so I am just doing things on the cheap right now, til my business builds up.

I did the entire site myself with html. I taught myself, and when I want to do something that I don't know, I just google it.

http://www.freewebs.com/ohhannah/massage/home.htm
Massage Charleston, SC - Providing affordable massage in Charleston, SC with a focus on relaxation, rehabilitation, pain relief, prevention, & performance.
AngelaJudy
Registered Member

Postby celtickenny on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:53 pm

I'll try this again!
inactive link removed by Stonegirl 2/26/2012
celtickenny
Fresh Hands

Postby AnastasiaB on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:31 am

Anastasia B

Be who you are and say what you feel, because people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind. - Theodore S. Geisel - [Dr. Seuss][

www.mymassageworks.embarqspace.com
AnastasiaB
Registered Member

Postby DawnLMT on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:42 pm

DawnLMT
Fresh Hands

Postby massageyellowbook on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:33 pm

My Massage Therapy practice website is http://www.MassageSpace.net/michelle and it costs me just $14.95 per month with the setup and first two weeks were free.
massageyellowbook
Fresh Hands

Postby Jenn@AttunedMotion on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:42 am

My website is the St Louis Mo based "Attuned Motion". I actually work for a company, but I always keep my biography and education listed, and where I am so clients can find me. I also like to do my own marketing and advertising, I always let people know they can google my name and book an online appt too!

www.AttunedMotion.com

This site was created by Scholl Design Firm St Louis, and they do excellent work! If you are looking for a massage website please contact Chris@ChrisScholl.com for info and rates.
"The best pioneers are the ones actually out the doing massage. They get devotees just from having put their hands on them. That's what keeps the field alive and moving."
~Tiffany Fields
Jenn@AttunedMotion
Registered Member

Postby DonnaKopfLMT on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:38 am

DonnaKopfLMT
Fresh Hands

Postby Giri on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:19 am

http://massageprague.com

I like this thread and being able to view all these websites from one location. Great idea.

FYI (in case anyone is doing housekeeping on the list :) ) I was not able to link to the following sites:

inactive links removed by Stonegirl 2/26/2012
Giri
Registered Member

Postby TheMasseur on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:01 am

inactive links removed by Stonegirl 2/26/2012
TheMasseur
Fresh Hands

Postby jl_soleil on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:54 pm

jl_soleil
Fresh Hands

Postby eyesofblue on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:41 am

I like you site! especially the quotes: "The human body is vapor materialized by sunshine mixed with the life of the stars."
- Paracelsus

very nice!

jl_soleil wrote:inactive link removed by Stonegirl 2/26/2012
eyesofblue
Registered Member

Postby Timedess on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:52 pm

TheMasseur wrote:http://WWW.JoesMedicalMassage.com

Hey, Joe! You have a great start on your web site, there!

I noticed you said that you are currently a "medical massage therapy student" at Texas School of Massage founded by Dr. Wray. So, I know that you are in Texas. I assume that you are already licensed, and are pursuing continuing education/specialization.

But.... nowhere on your site do you actually say where you are. How does one know if you're close enough to them to actually go get a massage from you? I'm not trying to be snarky, just helpful. :)
~Renee
Timedess
Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to Website Ideas, Software & Technical Information