Using Facebook to market your business

An artistic area and computer technology section all rolled into one. Here to help bring you into the computer information age and provide inspiration for your website.

Moderators: Talenyn, stonegirl

Using Facebook to market your business

Postby finalround on Tue May 04, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm just curious if anyone here uses Facebook to market their business in any way like offering specials, etc.
finalround
Fresh Hands

Re: Using Facebook to market your business

Postby GreenDragonfly on Wed May 05, 2010 11:44 am

Some do. I think it is getting more popular to use FB for business although I know that many people also like to use Linkedin specifically for business related topics.
Laughter is the best medicine :) It's good for the soul and great for the abs!
GreenDragonfly

Postby jayasus on Fri May 14, 2010 5:21 am

I was at Being Social '10 yesterday and they said Facebook may be the backbone for other tools in the future it becomes really dominant. At the moment we don't use Facebook for marketing specifically but proven brands do.
jayasus
Fresh Hands

Postby hjoshua on Mon May 24, 2010 3:34 pm

I posted a Facebook marketing idea that works well. You can find the thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7119&start=100
hjoshua
Fresh Hands

Postby ThatsTheRub on Mon May 31, 2010 5:34 pm

I use it several times a week. Take a look at www.facebook.com/thatstherub. This has been very successful in recent weeks tied in with Twitter when appointments open up and need last minute fills...not always, but enough times to make me know we're doing something right.
That's the Rub!
Jim

ThatsTheRubMassage.com
Bloomington, Indiana
ThatsTheRub
Registered Member

Postby Lucas&LucasLLC on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:45 am

I'm using FB for marketing more of what I am known for... helpful links and niceties. Feel free to see what we do with it.

I like it. It keeps our clients updated. I mainly use it if I have something that may have changed with the office (times availiable, open appts., etc.) and things (usually links) I want to share. I try to keep it pretty light and easy. Not too many politics or "selling". Every once in a while I'll suggest that someone "like" our page, write a review, read a review, or consider buying a gift certificate.

I have found that our clients like the FB page, and even though they don't respond often, they do read it. When I post my remaining appointments for a week, I will generally fill a few. Sometimes people will remark they want an appointment on the page itself, but they know they still have to call to actually "get" the appointment.

Hope this helps.
Visit Lucas & Lucas, LLC - Advanced Massage Therapy in Houston, Texas for your deep tissue needs. Our Facebook page will provide you with updated clinic information and interesting links.
Lucas&LucasLLC
Fresh Hands

Postby JLWmassage on Mon May 09, 2011 11:43 am

I use my page all the time

www.facebook.com/deeprelief

I just started offering Sweepstakes on my page as a way to get more fans
JLWmassage

Postby TheMassageCoupon on Mon May 09, 2011 2:59 pm

finalround wrote:I'm just curious if anyone here uses Facebook to market their business in any way like offering specials, etc.

Using websites like FB can be useful, especially in its beginning days as you've been established before anyone else. Take the risk on new stuff like this. FB is not new, but noticed someone advising not to until it matures. Why not be a part of the maturing process as you can reap many benefits from this.

Always remember on stuff like FB, you must always keep fresh and new content on it as Information fizzles out rapidly.

I use FB for a massage college and it works out for exposure purposes as well as a balanced wheel if you have links pointing to your main massage website.
TheMassageCoupon
Fresh Hands

Postby katamay on Sat May 14, 2011 2:05 pm

I just read a great article about this, actually!

http://writingabluestreak.com/2011/05/i ... -business/

Kat
On my way ... LMT or Bust! http://lmtorbust.com
katamay
Registered Member

Postby BeckyMeza on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

SpaBooker is a web based business management software that has direct integration with FaceBook. You can create specials and promote them right through the software with an online booking link for your customers to book an appointment in real time. They will see your post right on their Facebook wall and on your business page.

This is a great way to get customers to book an appointment and have the special applied right away. And a great way to get your appointment books filled!

Here is an example:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Park-Aven ... 5629473362

If you think this would be a great value to your marketing efforts with Facebook and you are interested in seeing how this works, please feel free to contact me and I would love to help you with your business needs.

Kind Regards,
Becky Meza
212-924-6800 Ext. 500
becky.meza@gramercyone.com
BeckyMeza
Fresh Hands

Postby JLWmassage on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:47 am

I just came across RaffleCopter http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/ it is a free way to run a contest by asking people to comment on your blog posts and it is link to your facbook fan page/twitter feed
JLWmassage

Return to Website Ideas, Software & Technical Information