Online search "Male Massage"

An artistic area and computer technology section all rolled into one. Here to help bring you into the computer information age and provide inspiration for your website.

Moderators: Talenyn, stonegirl

Online search "Male Massage"

Postby randomness0 on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:30 pm

Hi,

By checking my online stats I'm aware that a fairly common search engine keyword that brings visitors to my sites is "male massage" or "male massage therapist" or "male massage sydney" or other such variations.

I don't have any pages specifically designed for these keywords.

Obviously these keywords may be a euphamism for a non-therapeutic massage from a male practitioner. However some searchers may just be looking for a therapeutic massage from a male therapist because of personal preference, as there is a perseption that male therapists give deeper massage (this is just an aside as I know this is a crass generalisation and there are a lot of female therapists who know how to get well and truly stuck in - it's just that some clients have had experiences with female therapists who just have not been able to provide the pressure they prefer).

My question is does anyone have a feel for the breakdown between therapeutic and non-therapeutic massage for those searching for 'male massage'.
If 95% of those searching are searching for non-therapeutic massage then I do not want to devote any resources to this market. If it is 50%-50% then I'm happy to consider setting up a landing page for "male massage" and screening calls (as I do for male clients requesting a female therapist).

Thanks
Richard
========
For Mobile Massage in Inner West Sydney - click here
randomness0
Registered Member

Postby cstbrian on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:32 am

Richard,

Because of the content I have in some of my pages (esp the FAQ page) I get found for keyword searches about 'male therapist', 'draped/undraped massage', 'er*ecti*ons and massage', etc.

However, I have tried to set up the pages and information in a way that is educational to those who come across my site. Because of this, I RARELY get calls from people looking for non-therapeutic services.

My suggestion is to build in the keywords 'male massage' into a page or some of your content and see what happens. Do so in a very clear, specific way and I think you'll find you won't have problems with calls for non-therapeutic services.
Brian

"Life isn't about finding yourself ... life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
"When we try to control that which is out of our control, we become an incredibly anxiety prone society." Dr. John Upledger
cstbrian
Registered Member

Postby Gaspen on Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:52 pm

You might also want to include a phrase such as 'non-erotic' or non-sexual' in your meta tag description, such as:

<meta name="description" content="yada, yada, yada, non-sexual, non-erotic, male therapist, male, yada, yada, yada.">

You get the idea.

Also, the suggestion from Brian to include the specifics somewhere on your site (i.e., FAQ) is a good idea. Additionally, the more information you have on your site, the more likely the searcher will realize that it is a legit massage.

Good luck.
Glad ta meetcha...I'm your handy man.
www.SpencerMassage.com
Gaspen
Registered Member

Postby randomness0 on Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks for comments.

At present if someone googles "male massage sydney" then we are listed on the first page - however the landing page is our faqs (http://www.innerwestmassage.com.au/faq.php) which is not specific to male massage (which given my objective may not necessarily be a bad thing anyway). Guess I just like to be a little higher up in google to attract those searching for a therapeutic male massage.

I'm very reluctant to include any of the terminology such as "non sexual male massage" as I'm sure all it will do is list on google for the search term "sexual male massage" and I know there are a significant number of people who just don't read webpages anyway, regardless of how much information there is. They just land on your site using whatever search term and just assume that because google has directed them there then you must be supplying the type of service they searched for.

The landing page I would have would not include any reference to (non) sexual or (non) erotic massage but focus on such phrases as therapeutic and non-therapeutic massages. I'm just not sure whether the market for therapeutic male massage justifies the effort or whether I should just leave things as they are.

Thanks[/url]
Richard
========
randomness0
Registered Member

Postby shivashiva on Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:07 am

I personally have found that putting the words "non-sexual" or "non-erotic" gets me a LOT of calls looking for "non-therapuetic" services. It seems that people searching for the words "sexual massage" or "erotic massage" will get to my page because their search terms were present somewhere on my site, but then they either never come across that section, or they consider it a non-truthful disclaimer that I am using to cover my butt while still providing illegal services. A code word, so to speak.

As soon as I took those words off my page, I stopped getting inquires for sexual services. Now my page states something like "There are no hidden services or secret codes. I offer ONLY the services listed on this website." I still get the persistant caller once in a blue moon, but this wording has reduced those types of calls by about 90%.

Ah! I see you responded while I was writing this, so you already get this. Probably just try it and see what happens. The worst possibility is that you'd have to screen some lame calls for awhile and then change the website back to the way it was. Good luck.
Shiva
O friend, understand. / The body is like the ocean, rich with hidden treasures. / Open your innermost chamber / And light its lamp - Mirabai
Blue Lotus Day Spa, Ruidoso, NM | Residential Yoga Teacher Trainings & Bali Yoga Retreats
shivashiva
Registered Member

Postby randomness0 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Thanks for comments - I agree with your comments re inclusion of terms such as "non-erotic massage" only attracting those searching for erotic massage. Regardless of what is written on a page, some people just don't read it and presume that because google has sent them there then that is sufficient for them to believe that you will provide the type of service they require.

Have included a page on the site (http://www.innerwestmassage.com.au/male-massage.php) so will so how it goes.

Thanks
Richard
========
randomness0
Registered Member

Postby randomness0 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Thanks for comments.

Have included a page on the site (http://www.innerwestmassage.com.au/male-massage.php) so will so how it goes.

Thanks
Richard
========
randomness0
Registered Member

Postby randomness0 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:59 am

Just on a similar vein does the term "couples massage" imply therapeutic, non-therapeutic or both?
Richard
========
randomness0
Registered Member

Postby randomness0 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:24 pm

just a follow that I'm getting reasonable traffic to the page set up for "male-massage" + am not getting any dodgy calls (but not getting too many calls that I can directly attribute to having a specific page).

On a similar track, I've started noticing that I'm getting some web traffic from Google for search terms which include a keyword in the adult industry for a 'house of ill-repute'
b*****l
(I don't want to include the word here as don't want it related to my sites anywhere on the web). Nowhere on my site have i used the word but google in their wisdom obviously relate massage to this word within their algorithm.
Should I be contacting google and asking that the relationship between the b*****l word be removed from my site (if possible), put in a request without mentioning my websites or just let sleeping dogs lie?
I haven't had any calls resulting from these searches and am not overly concerned that potentially genuine clients will come across my sites by including this keyword when searching.
I guess my main concern is that in some way my site will be considered 'adult' in nature and excluded from googles SafeSearch (hasn't happened to date).
Richard
========
randomness0
Registered Member

Re: Online search "Male Massage"

Postby ripplemassage on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi

We get lots of enquiries for male massage and men massage, none of them non therapeutic.

There are a lot of blokes out there who just want a great massage and find it difficult to sort through the more non therapeutic sites to find something legitimate.

Its a growing side of our business.

Hope this helps
Alison
Gold Coast Massage
ripplemassage
Fresh Hands

Return to Website Ideas, Software & Technical Information