Book: Hands Heal

Client related discussion, Q&A, how-to's, HCFA's, billing, reimbursement and more!

Moderator: Pete

Book: Hands Heal

Postby Pandoras_Gift on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:04 pm

I noticed that there were several books with this title, are they all good? Which one is best for getting information on dealing with insurance?

Thanks
love as always,
Muriel
Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Postby Shannon on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:20 pm

I have the one by Diana L.Thompson. I think it has some good info it and I have found it helpful.
She gives you examples, how to deal claims denial, how to bill an attorney. Lots of form you can take out and make copies of...pretty much any form you can think of its there. SOAP note forms as well that are very detailed which is great if you are doing insurance. She also has one if you do Chair massage,Sports massage too. Has a ROM charting page as well. Billing log page. Things you wouldn't think of that could CYA, its there.
Shannon
Registered Member

Postby Pandoras_Gift on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:28 pm

Yes, that is her...

but there is:

Hands Heal

Hands Heal Essentials

Hands Heal Communication, Documentation, and Insurance Billing for Manual Therapists
love as always,
Muriel
Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Postby Shannon on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:30 pm

The last one...Hands Heal Communication, Documentation, and Insurance Billing for Manual Therapists
Shannon
Registered Member

Postby Pandoras_Gift on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:46 pm

Thank you!

I quickly realized that I didn't want to do insurance work, and lo and behold... I have a client 2x/week that my boss ok'd without talking to me first about it. Since this guy was such a sweet talker and my boss thought it was such a good idea.

I am so happy, I am jumping for joy... and who has to take care of all the paperwork... muah...
love as always,
Muriel
Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Postby maestra on Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:04 pm

"Hands Heal", I believe was the original title of the book Diana L. Thompson wrote several years ago.
Diana had just completed the the final draft for the second edtion of "Hands Heal" and submitted it to her publisher, Lippincot, Williams & Wilkins, when I met her. (She taught a Whiplash treatment and assessment class in Green Bay a few years back.)
"Hands Heal Essentials" is designed to help MTs in documentation for Wellness massage. (Considered the 3rd version.)
While as previously pointed out, "Hands Heal: Communication, documentation and insurance billing for massage therapists" is the most complete version... allowing you to use forms provided on the accompanying CD-ROM. (Also considered the 3rd version.)
I was planning to purchase this book in February at a CE workshop I attended... but wouldn't you know the publisher had given the "insurance" one as a drawing for the AMTA meeting.
Anyway, I got sidetracked then and forgot to order it. But I'd say definitely get the "Deluxe" model... ;)
BTW, if you ever get to take a CE course with her... do it. She's awesome and very fun!
“Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell” - Bill Copeland
maestra
Site Admin

Return to Insurance