Equine Massage Advertising

A special forum for those who provide massage/bodywork and related therapies to animals. Discussion, links, techniques, marketing, ability & agility issues.

Moderator: stonegirl

crp126
Fresh Hands

Equine Massage Advertising

Post by crp126 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:31 am

Hi everyone,

I just recently completed my training in equine sports massage. We were given all sorts of brochure, press release, business card,etc ideas. However one thing I didn't think about at the time: I want to send out introductory fliers to the vets, rescues, and stables in my area. Just a short hello to them to let them know who I am and what I am offering. I'm not putting anything as to rates or such, just some quick facts on massage and such. I'm also enclosing my business card. I want to make sure this is ok to do? I have my list of places thru just my knowledge of the area and some searches. I don't want to violate any laws regarding advertising. I am also posting fliers and cards where ever I can.
Another question, are there any good sites that offer free advertising? I am virtually broke so I can't afford to pay even nominal fees right now.

Thanks for any help!

Cortney

Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Re: Equine Massage Advertising

Post by Sole_Purpose » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi - first, CONGRATS on completing your training! :dancingparty: ...whoo-hooo!

I don't have the answer regarding mailings, but I think having a face-to-face might be more effective.

I had a Vet contact me because she had seen my ad somewhere...wish I could remember where! I did a lot of volunteering and events to get my face & skills out there.

There are quite a few equine sites online where you can place a free ad listing.

Another idea is to see if the local paper would be interested in doing a special piece on your business.

Wishing you many success wishes!

JLWmassage

Re: Equine Massage Advertising

Post by JLWmassage » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:10 pm

Go to the bigger horse shows and start asking people if they are interested in a sports massage for their horse.

Return to “Animal Therapies”