Cat Massage!

A special forum for those who provide massage/bodywork and related therapies to animals. Discussion, links, techniques, marketing, ability & agility issues.

Moderator: stonegirl

Gary
Fresh Hands

Cat Massage!

Post by Gary » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi,

I began massaging our cat a couple of months back. This is an older cat (10+) who was somewhat shy, not aggressive or mean, but 'distant'.

Since that time, she's been totally hooked on deep bodywork; she loves it. She comes for her "session" at least twice per day; has had some amazing personality changes, and looks totally stoned after a treatment.

for fun, I'm thinking of doing a YouTube video on working with her. It's very cool how much she's opened up to touch; how her trust level has changed... etc. I think there's a lot of lessons to learn from animals ... once you work up the trust bit for them - takes patience - they respond amazingly.

I had never worked on animals before (well, once, did some cranial work on another cat, 15 years ago), but I have to say, I'm blown away by the openness and soul of these creatures.

Gary

JLWmassage

Re: Cat Massage!

Post by JLWmassage » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:38 am

I just did a craniosacral workshop and I was practicing on my husband. The dog and the cat waited around the table till it was their turn to get work on. It is a hard life being an animal in my house. :grin:

Gary
Fresh Hands

Post by Gary » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:08 pm

yes, animals are amazing, JL.

When I'm doing CST work on my partner, the cat comes and sits on her tummy. Those cats have it so tough. Seems to me that they want to be part of the "scene" and seem to have very powerful empathetic connections to what is happening.

I see from your site that you're working on horses as well. Interesting! I've designed websites for two clients, one who does energy work for horses, the other who sells a line of nutritional supplements for equines as well (www.horsepowerherbs.com). Her focus is more for performance horses than hobby horses, but the supplements have worked miracles for the animals as well and are endorsed by Kentucky Derby winners.

I think working with animals can open people up to a whole other realm of the subtle communications at arise between sentient beings.

Gary

silesianholistic
Fresh Hands

Post by silesianholistic » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Cat Massage has become very popular with cat owners.Feline massage can reduce stress and blood pressure levels in your cat as well as increase the cat's blood circulation. It can also reduce swelling and fluid retention, if performed carefully and properly.

Matt
Registered Member

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:18 am

I'm still trying to train my cat to give me a massage - like in this commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAbDUs6eVEI

Return to “Animal Therapies”