Cool fundraising event for Goldens

A special forum for those who provide massage/bodywork and related therapies to animals. Discussion, links, techniques, marketing, ability & agility issues.

Moderator: stonegirl

Cool fundraising event for Goldens

Postby Sole_Purpose on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi,

I participated in a fundraising event for Golden Retrievers in September (cancer research and rescue). I only participated for one day, but it's a 3-day camping event for humans and their canine companions with scheduled activities, big lake for swimming, 3 meals per day that are like feasts, etc. Next year, I am going to camp with my hubby and our three dogs (two are Goldens). All dog breeds are welcomed who are "golden" hearted, haha.

Anyway, I massaged 22 dogs! Only a few were not Goldens. It was awesome to see so many Goldens in one area...different ages, colors, shapes, sizes, coats, faces and personalities. It was a total blast and I was SO exhausted at the end of the day...next year I'll pace myself & schedule my time better! If we do camp, I'll probably offer up some foot reflexology for the humans on one of the days.

I donated 100% of what I collected, just under $300. Not too shabby!

Just wanted to share! :D
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Re: Cool fundraising event for Goldens

Postby pueppi on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:58 pm

:smt038
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through pastoral valleys tinkling with bells ...
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Sole_Purpose on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Thank you! It was so much fun and so rewarding. :smt050
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Volunteering Opportunity

Postby Sole_Purpose on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 am

Putting feelers out there for a canine massage practitioner that would like to participate in this event this year. It is a fundraising event for canine cancer research, so your skills and time would be donated. Some info in my original post from last year. I am unable to be there this year and offered to help scout another practitioner. It is a 3-day event held in NH...you can participate one day or all three days. If you're interested in more details, please send me an inquiry via PM. I will then forward your contact info on to the event coordinator!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :smt059
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby Sole_Purpose on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:11 am

UPDATE: They are all set for this year's event, thanks for your interest!
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Return to Animal Therapies