Cool fundraising event for Goldens

A special forum for those who provide massage/bodywork and related therapies to animals. Discussion, links, techniques, marketing, ability & agility issues.

Moderator: stonegirl

Cool fundraising event for Goldens

Postby Sole_Purpose on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi,

I participated in a fundraising event for Golden Retrievers in September (cancer research and rescue). I only participated for one day, but it's a 3-day camping event for humans and their canine companions with scheduled activities, big lake for swimming, 3 meals per day that are like feasts, etc. Next year, I am going to camp with my hubby and our three dogs (two are Goldens). All dog breeds are welcomed who are "golden" hearted, haha.

Anyway, I massaged 22 dogs! Only a few were not Goldens. It was awesome to see so many Goldens in one area...different ages, colors, shapes, sizes, coats, faces and personalities. It was a total blast and I was SO exhausted at the end of the day...next year I'll pace myself & schedule my time better! If we do camp, I'll probably offer up some foot reflexology for the humans on one of the days.

I donated 100% of what I collected, just under $300. Not too shabby!

Just wanted to share! :D
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Re: Cool fundraising event for Goldens

Postby pueppi on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:58 pm

:smt038
The Massage Toolbox - Ideas, Resources, Tools and Music. ♫ - Or, search the Post Archives. And, visit us on Facebook.
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Sole_Purpose on Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Thank you! It was so much fun and so rewarding. :smt050
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Volunteering Opportunity

Postby Sole_Purpose on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 am

Putting feelers out there for a canine massage practitioner that would like to participate in this event this year. It is a fundraising event for canine cancer research, so your skills and time would be donated. Some info in my original post from last year. I am unable to be there this year and offered to help scout another practitioner. It is a 3-day event held in NH...you can participate one day or all three days. If you're interested in more details, please send me an inquiry via PM. I will then forward your contact info on to the event coordinator!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :smt059
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby Sole_Purpose on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:11 am

UPDATE: They are all set for this year's event, thanks for your interest!
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Return to Animal Therapies