color of your chair

Chair massage is everywhere! Come discuss the latest trends, new opportunities, and your best techniques in the exciting field of Chair and Corporate Massage.

Moderators: Pete, MarionFM

palms_down
Registered Member

color of your chair

Post by palms_down » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:25 pm

there are too many colors to choose from...mayb a popular color will emerge here...

what is the color of your chair? do your clients comment on the color?

thanks!

boofdorf
Registered Member

Post by boofdorf » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:48 pm

Blue.

They don't comment.

:)

Breathe
Registered Member

Post by Breathe » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:59 pm

black. no comments.
abusing the word "actually" since 1973

Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Post by Pandoras_Gift » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:00 pm

my table and chair are both purple... I do mostly medical massage, and I wanted to get away from the hospital colors.

Actually I originally ordered purple for my chair, but didn't get purple, it was a nice blue indigo, not sure of the exact color since I didn't order it... and didn't notice it for a while, until I took out my table and chair to do an event. and I did the "Oh... @$#@!!! mainly just in case something went wrong with my face cradle I could easily interchange them...

A friend of mine borrowed my chair for an event, he ended up buying one so he didn't have to borrow mine all the time... but the first time he didn't have one so didn't have a choice. He tried to figure out what color my chair was and ordeded what he thought he wanted... Well they sent him the purple chair!!! He did a few sessions with it before I saw him and I asked how the chair was... after his embarrasing story of his necessity and not being able to return it, I offered to switch with him because he got the one I wanted... I was happy with my color so I didn't return it but now I am happier...

Otherwise, I don't use it often at all only 3x since I bought it, I am not going to sell it, but I don't see the use...

oops... other part of the question... yes I get comments on the color too because it is bright and different... yet John got very snide comments about the color when it was in his posession... hehehe
Last edited by Pandoras_Gift on Mon May 01, 2006 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
love as always,
Muriel

massagerelated
Registered Member

Post by massagerelated » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:11 pm

Teal. It's a healing color. And yes, people do respond positively.
"If people could put rainbows in zoos, they'd do it." Hobbes

BJB-LMP
Registered Member

Post by BJB-LMP » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:59 pm

Pale lavender, with a white frame. People comment all the time! My husband privately likes to call it the "Easter Mantis."

maestra
Site Admin

Post by maestra » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:15 pm

I have an 8 year old Quicklite, black frame and sand colored vinyl. I've never regreted my color choice on the chair.
Neutrals, they go anywhere... :lol:
“Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell” - Bill Copeland

Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Post by Rose of Sharon » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:46 pm

black, and I've had no comments on the color - just on how very comfortable it is, and how I could market it - people tell me they would just drop the arm rest and raise the face cradle, and use it at their desk! lol.....funny how so many people in different places see the same thing! (I tried it as a desk chair - didn't like it! :shock: )
Sharon

Blisss
Registered Member

Post by Blisss » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:20 pm

My chair's purple, too, and people do compliment the color. (Mine's a bright purple, rather than a lavender). They also compliment the comfort (I have an Oakworks). Like Rose of Sharon, I've also heard people say it would be great to have one for a desk chair (they could see the keyboard through the facehole). In reality, I think if they actually had one as a desk chair, they'd be much more likely to fall asleep than get any work done. But then again, fantasy isn't supposed to be about reality anyway. It's just fun to imagine. :lol:

terab
Registered Member

Post by terab » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:42 pm

i have a maroon chair. no one comments on the color but they do on the comfort of it. i have a golden ratio chair. i love it.

Masthera
Retired Site Admin

Post by Masthera » Mon May 01, 2006 5:10 am

Mine is blue, but the color has changed a bit from cleaning it all the time.

No comments.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
- Henry Ford

Texas-gal

Post by Texas-gal » Mon May 01, 2006 7:03 am

My chair is a pinkish color. Same as this pic: Image

They sent the wrong color and I needed to use the table the next week, so I kept it and didn't complain. (I don't think Stronglite makes this color anymore - it was called "Berry" I think.)

I will say I would have preferred the burgundy.

But people are funny - many times I will get "Is this a new chair?" from people who I've been working on for months.

I still think it doesn't look as soothing as a darker color though, and I am very careful to keep it in it's case. I worry it will get stained and show easy because of the color. But it's seven years now and still no problem.

Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Post by Sole_Purpose » Mon May 01, 2006 8:55 am

Mine is as purple as purple can get (not a nice lavender but puuurrrpple). Clients always comment on it...that they like it, thankfully, lol. The frame is wooden and is light colored. Had I to choose over, I would go for a sagey green.
BJB-LMP wrote:Pale lavender, with a white frame. People comment all the time! My husband privately likes to call it the "Easter Mantis."
:smt043

palms_down
Registered Member

Post by palms_down » Mon May 01, 2006 2:27 pm

i love all these colors! i thought i was all set to order a blue...its a darker blue, but not navy.

but i also like a sage green and there is an earthy (light brown) color that may look nice against the black legs...

i am wondering if the lighter colors show wear easier, but then again, as masthera said, mayb the darker colors fade as they are cleaned??

Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Post by Pandoras_Gift » Mon May 01, 2006 4:20 pm

I have a black stronglite (not my choice) at the gym... and it looks crummy from cleaning it... my purple oakeworks looks fine, but then again it hasn't had as much punishment as the one that I have used for 2 years giving out demos...
love as always,
Muriel

Texas-gal

Post by Texas-gal » Tue May 02, 2006 5:36 am

i am wondering if the lighter colors show wear easier, but then again, as masthera said, mayb the darker colors fade as they are cleaned??
Interesting comment/question.

I don't know, but mine looks pretty new and has had a lot of wear.... and since Pandoras_Gift mentions the black stronglite looks worn... well, it could be. Hmmmmm.

CaringHandsMss
Retired Moderator

Post by CaringHandsMss » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:05 pm

My Stronglite Ergo-Pro is black and My Wife says she likes it.
It also has a grey frame...I will post with updates as more comments come from it.

It was a Birthday Gift!!!

Sincerely,
CaringHandsMss:)

Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Post by Rose of Sharon » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:26 pm

CaringHandsMss wrote:My Stronglite Ergo-Pro is black and My Wife says she likes it.
It also has a grey frame...I will post with updates as more comments come from it.

It was a Birthday Gift!!!

Sincerely,
Happy Birthday!
Sharon

MarionFM
Moderator-S.S.S

Post by MarionFM » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:53 pm

My Strong-lite is black with a light grey frame. that was the colour we got when we got the chair with the course.

No one has commented on the colour, but they comment all the time on how comfortable it is!

It has a couple of marks around the face cradle that won't come off, so maybe a lighter colour is better.

CaringHandsMss
Retired Moderator

Post by CaringHandsMss » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:11 pm

My Birthday is July 13th...Thanks Rose of Sharon!!!

Sincerely,

peacefulharbor
Registered Member

Post by peacefulharbor » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:38 pm

Like many have said already, I almost never get comments about the chair color (a nice medium blue) but lots of comments about how comfy my chair is!! It's an Avila II, and a lot of people say they don't want to get out afterwards! :D

[an aside here...it sure looks like there's lots of us Norwegians on this board! :) Me, too, I'm 100 percent "squarehead"] Uff da...Sorry...back to topic...

I use my chair every day at the salon where I am working. It's worked like a charm getting people to book table massages! I LOVE :smt049 my chair, and, since I have to look at it every day, I'm so glad I got a nice color! Pick a color you love, and have fun!

HappyKarma
Registered Member

Raspberry........no comments except "ahhhh"

Post by HappyKarma » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:04 am

Raspberry Golden Ratio Quicklite....Golden Ratio rocks!!!!
positive comments....love my chair :D It's so very comfortable and soft, like a cloud. I sometimes sit in it myself and get a chair massage, and always, always fall asleep! Most of my clients just melt in my chair!

Johnny :smt031
Last edited by HappyKarma on Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When life wrinkles you up,get a massage"

StressSolutions

Post by StressSolutions » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:38 pm

Green chair, black frame Avila II..ordered purple to match table, but was backordered. Green in stock....send me green!!!

Earthlight table. Purple or is it burgandy? I will see it tomorrow at class.

UnwindBody&Mind2
Fresh Hands

Post by UnwindBody&Mind2 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:14 am

I have a pisces pro dolphin 2; maroon cushions black frame - no comments on the color. :-)

Gessika
Registered Member

Post by Gessika » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:47 pm

My chair is a deep blue color. I didn't choose it myself though as I bought the chair used. People have not commented on the color, but they have said how comfortable it is which I find amusing because it is a $200 generic brand.
"The end result can only be as pure as the starting spirit."

Return to “Chair and Corporate Massage”