Help! Chair Needed in Portland, OR this weekend!

Chair massage is everywhere! Come discuss the latest trends, new opportunities, and your best techniques in the exciting field of Chair and Corporate Massage.

Moderators: Pete, MarionFM

Help! Chair Needed in Portland, OR this weekend!

Postby LadyNiko on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:31 am

Hey Folks -

This is rather last minute, but I just got the go-ahead from the con organizer Sunday that they want me to provide massage services for the guests and attendees.

However, one small problem - I'm flying in from St. Louis and would really prefer not to trust my new baby (as in, not even a week old yet) to the "tender, loving care" of Delta's baggage handlers nor pay the fees for checking it.

So, does anyone have a massage chair they would like to let me borrow/rent for the weekend? I get into Portland Thursday afternoon the 18th and leave Sunday night, the 21st. (Oh, red eye flight - how much fun you will be.... :lol: ) The event is at the Governor Hotel in downtown Portland and I've been assured that they will provide space for me.

I'm doing this as a fund raiser for the con's charity - Doctor's Without Borders, so I would like to not have to spend a fortune on baggage fees if I can avoid it. :)

Thanks!

--LN
The little white men in the little white coats are coming to take me away! he he ho ho ha ha!
LadyNiko
Registered Member

Location: Somewhere on Planet Earth in an apartment ruled by 2 cats

Re: Help! Chair Needed in Portland, OR this weekend!

Postby Talenyn on Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:52 am

I don't live in the area, but you might want to try the local massage schools. They will often rent chairs/tables.

Good luck. :)
The Other Side of the Sun - Earth's Treasures Brought to Light - www.tosots.com
Talenyn
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby LadyNiko on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:09 pm

I think Breathe and I are going to work something out. It's just such a relief not to have to worry about hauling my chair with me in the era of excessive baggage fees. :)
The little white men in the little white coats are coming to take me away! he he ho ho ha ha!
LadyNiko
Registered Member

Location: Somewhere on Planet Earth in an apartment ruled by 2 cats

Postby Talenyn on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:14 am

I can fully understand! Good luck!
The Other Side of the Sun - Earth's Treasures Brought to Light - www.tosots.com
Talenyn
Retired Moderator - SSS

Return to Chair and Corporate Massage