Earthlite TRAVELER? Massage chair

Chair massage is everywhere! Come discuss the latest trends, new opportunities, and your best techniques in the exciting field of Chair and Corporate Massage.

Moderators: Pete, MarionFM

shane
Registered Member

Earthlite TRAVELER? Massage chair

Post by shane » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:44 am

I found a used Earthlite massage chair, being sold by an older couple whose daughter had never used it. IT was a couple years old, and the tag on the underside said "Traveler".

My only hesitation was that it was impossible to adjust. And when I did get it adjusted as best I could after 15minutes, it wasnt comfortable and I wasnt even sitting correctly on the seat.

just wondering if anyone knows of this model. I passed on it, but still wonder if maybe it was me........

shane
Registered Member

Post by shane » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:35 am

Cool. glad you replied. I thought it was me, but I couldnt get comfortable on that chair! and the adjustments, you had to push two small buttons on either side of the pole to get it to move. it was very strange.

im surprised earthlite would make something like that! Ive used other earthlite chairs and they were nothing like that.

im thinking of buying a new one, but have no idea what to get.........

shane
Registered Member

Post by shane » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:34 am

Hey Pete......any idea what your friend paid for it new?

handmudra
Fresh Hands

Does anyone have set-up instructions for the Earthlite...

Post by handmudra » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:41 pm

Traveler chair? I bought one used but can't seem to get the chest pad to rotate up. There are two knobs that don't seem to do anything. Maybe it's broken?
Anyone have any experience with this chair?
Thank you for reading this.
Joli

Nordic1
Registered Member

Post by Nordic1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:59 am

shane wrote:Hey Pete......any idea what your friend paid for it new?
I bought an Earthlite Traveler about 8 years ago and I think I paid approximately $425 for it new. I've actually been quite satisfied with mine for the most part. :)

Nordic1
Registered Member

Re: Does anyone have set-up instructions for the Earthlite..

Post by Nordic1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:08 am

handmudra wrote:Traveler chair? I bought one used but can't seem to get the chest pad to rotate up. There are two knobs that don't seem to do anything. Maybe it's broken?
Anyone have any experience with this chair?
Thank you for reading this.
Joli
I've had a lot of experience using this chair and will be doing a big corporate chair massage job tomorrow. I'll make sure that I pay a little closer attention than usual to the adjustments I need to make and can then report back here later about the chest pad adjustments. :)
Last edited by Nordic1 on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

handmudra
Fresh Hands

Post by handmudra » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:00 pm

I await your experience :=D
Thank you.

Nordic1
Registered Member

Re: Does anyone have set-up instructions for the Earthlite..

Post by Nordic1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:43 am

handmudra wrote:Traveler chair? I bought one used but can't seem to get the chest pad to rotate up. There are two knobs that don't seem to do anything. Maybe it's broken?
Those two knobs that are directly across from each other are what you use to rotate the chest pad. The trick is to rotate the knobs in the opposite direction at the same time. You will need to turn both knobs with a counterclockwise rotation to loosen and then turn clockwise to tighten.

Sometimes I have the client hold the chest pad while I loosen the knobs and let them rotate the chest pad until they are comfortable. When they are satisfied with the setting, I tighten the knobs back in place.

Nordic1
Registered Member

Post by Nordic1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:56 am

Pete wrote:Well, I think the Traveler is an OLD design - the Avila is a much newer design as is the Vortex. Not sure what, if any, other chairs they've made over the years.
It is important to point out that "the Traveler is an OLD design" that has been around for over eight years. The next chance I get to stop by the store where I originally bought the Traveler, I'm going to take a look at some of the other massage chairs that are currently available and compare designs.

Nordic1
Registered Member

Post by Nordic1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:13 am

Pete wrote: A friend of mine has one and I agree with you - just horrible to adjust. I would have passed too.
As I recall it was a little challenging for me to adjust the Traveler in the beginning. I just practiced a bit on my own and then after doing a couple of chair massage jobs it became much easier for me to adjust this chair.

I thought I would mention too that one of the reasons why I decided to buy the Traveler when I did was because of the range of adjustments that were possible with this chair. Over the years I have been able to use the Traveler to work on everyone from young children all the way up to very large men.

Timedess
Registered Member

Re: Earthlite TRAVELER? Massage chair

Post by Timedess » Thu May 12, 2011 5:20 am

(WEird-- some posts seem to be missing from this thread!)

We have a Traveler; Hubby likes it and I don't. Like pp's, I have a horrible time adjusting it-- to the point where if he is not there to adjust it for me, I will not use it!
~Renee

Pete
Retired Site Admin

Post by Pete » Thu May 12, 2011 7:34 am

Timedess wrote:(WEird-- some posts seem to be missing from this thread!)
There was an incident last year during which all of my posts (1200+) prior to May 2010 were lost from the board. There are many threads that will seem disjointed because of that.

Timedess
Registered Member

Post by Timedess » Thu May 12, 2011 11:25 am

Ah, that explains it then. Thanks!
~Renee

DrDiva
Fresh Hands

Post by DrDiva » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Does anyone know how to properly fold up an Earthlite traveler massage chair for fitting it in the cover and securely travelling with it? I own a 2006 one and I can't for the life of me figure it out. I wanted to give it to a friend who is starting her own practice, and we spent almost and hour and couldn't figure it out. Obviously I have completely forgotten. I don't remember it being this difficult!! Help!!

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:20 am

DrDiva wrote:Does anyone know how to properly fold up an Earthlite traveler massage chair for fitting it in the cover and securely travelling with it? I own a 2006 one and I can't for the life of me figure it out. I wanted to give it to a friend who is starting her own practice, and we spent almost and hour and couldn't figure it out. Obviously I have completely forgotten. I don't remember it being this difficult!! Help!!

You may want to contact Earthlite, if you can't figure it out, and don't get a quick reponse here.

Their contact info is: http://www.earthlite.com/contact-us

Also, don't forget to post the info you find out here, so that others can benefit from your delimma. :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

Return to “Chair and Corporate Massage”