best foot cream!!!!

We have grown with the industry and found we need a forum just for products on the market, places to find them and discussions regarding these items. Please be aware that discussing products or companies should be done with respect and an offer of positive knowledge for all board members.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

jacqueline
Registered Member

best foot cream!!!!

Post by jacqueline » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:05 pm

What is the absolute favorite cream/lotion you use for your clients feet? I always like to use something that feels marvelous and smells good too...I tried the kephra foot balm..it smells good and all, but still want to try something else too? :smt006

terab
Registered Member

Post by terab » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:14 pm

well i just got it and haven't used it yet but i heard that bon vital's foot balm is really, really wonderful. i'll let you know after tomorrow.

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:01 am

I like Natural Formulations Tea Tree Foot Creme'.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

dodab
Registered Member

Post by dodab » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:01 am

pueppi wrote:I like Natural Formulations Tea Tree Foot Creme'.
Ditto on that one.
"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way.
But must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

ThatMassageGal
Registered Member

Post by ThatMassageGal » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:40 am

I just got Nectarine Foot and Leg Lotion from www.themassageclinic.com I just started using it a few days ago, so far I really really like it. It has a nice peppermint/tea tree scent. I enjoy it.

jacqueline
Registered Member

Post by jacqueline » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:48 pm

AHHH ...eenie meenie mynie moe..which one should i choose ?? haha!! maybe the cheapest one? thanks everyone...terab, will be looking forward to your reviews on your new cream!!!!! :smt023 :mrgreen:

terab
Registered Member

Post by terab » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:09 pm

bon vital's is really nice. i think it may take a few more clients to know for sure but it smells really great and it goes a long way.

i also really like aveda's foot relief cream. i've used soho - it's alright. also raw earth - it's ok too.

jacqueline
Registered Member

Post by jacqueline » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:11 pm

thanks terab!

holistichealer
Registered Member

Post by holistichealer » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:27 pm

What about making your own footcream to use on clients? I love to make things like that and I think it gives your clients a personal touch, keeping different scents on hand sounds like a good idea and lots of fun:-)
"Tell me I'm frozen
But what can I do?
Can't tell the reasons
I did it for you"---Within Temptation "Frozen"

jacqueline
Registered Member

Post by jacqueline » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:31 am

holistichealer,
anything that you have tried that is a big hit?? :D

holistichealer
Registered Member

Post by holistichealer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:13 pm

I use different blends like lavender and chamomile for relaxing, geranium and lemon for energizing. Those are the only big ones that I have tried. I am just going to be a student starting in the fall but I found these aromatherapy combinations to be best.
"Tell me I'm frozen
But what can I do?
Can't tell the reasons

jacqueline
Registered Member

Post by jacqueline » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:31 pm

sounds lovely holistichealer, something tells me your going to be a great massage therapist!!!! :smt041

holistichealer
Registered Member

Post by holistichealer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:51 pm

jacqueline wrote:sounds lovely holistichealer, something tells me your going to be a great massage therapist!!!! :smt041
Thank you very much Jacqueline, I hope to be such a blessing to my clients and of course make them feel great!
"Tell me I'm frozen
But what can I do?
Can't tell the reasons

PegasusMT
Fresh Hands

I make my own foot cream

Post by PegasusMT » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:14 pm

I make my own foot cream, a whipped Shea butter with Peppermint essential oil. It warms in your hands easily and is just delicious. So far everyone loves it! A tiny bit goes a very long way and it is great for dry cracked feet.

holistichealer
Registered Member

Re: I make my own foot cream

Post by holistichealer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:18 pm

PegasusMT wrote:I make my own foot cream, a whipped Shea butter with Peppermint essential oil. It warms in your hands easily and is just delicious. So far everyone loves it! A tiny bit goes a very long way and it is great for dry cracked feet.
That sounds amazing Pegasus!! Mind if I throw that in my recipie book for my clients? Thanks :D
"Tell me I'm frozen
But what can I do?
Can't tell the reasons

PegasusMT
Fresh Hands

Post by PegasusMT » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:47 pm

I don't mind at all :) If you need any help with making it, feel free to PM me.

I am actually in the research/sampler stage of creating my own Bath & Body company. Creating lots of whipped body butters, body polishes, sugar scrubs, bath salts and bath bombs. :D I love it!

holistichealer
Registered Member

Post by holistichealer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:49 pm

PegasusMT wrote:I don't mind at all :) If you need any help with making it, feel free to PM me.

I am actually in the research/sampler stage of creating my own Bath & Body company. Creating lots of whipped body butters, body polishes, sugar scrubs, bath salts and bath bombs. :D I love it!
Sounds great!! Keep us posted and thank you very much!! Blessings and light :)

holistichealer
"Tell me I'm frozen
But what can I do?
Can't tell the reasons

melb
Registered Member

Post by melb » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:26 pm

I LOVE the Creative Cucumber Heel Cream http://www.creativenail.com/prod_c_natu ... erheel.asp and their Raw Earth Foot Rub is great too. Actually the whole Raw Earth range http://www.creativenail.com/prod_c_natu ... wearth.asp of soak, scrub, mask, rub is great. The scrub heats up when you add water, calcium something does it. Clients love it. You can customise the Raw Earth range with your own essential oils, it's specifically created with a gender neutral fragrance you can add to. Retail opportunities abound with this range :) Professional sizes are available.

Blisss
Registered Member

Re: I make my own foot cream

Post by Blisss » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:04 pm

PegasusMT wrote:I make my own foot cream, a whipped Shea butter with Peppermint essential oil. It warms in your hands easily and is just delicious. So far everyone loves it! A tiny bit goes a very long way and it is great for dry cracked feet.
I'm a fan of shea butter as well; there's nothing that works as well on dry cracked feet!

jacqueline
Registered Member

Post by jacqueline » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:24 pm

these are great ideas, can't wait to try them out!!!! :P

Shawna
Fresh Hands

Post by Shawna » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:46 pm

Well I'm totaly with you one the Kephra! It's all I use!!!

sandyrose
Registered Member

100% Shea Butter

Post by sandyrose » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:02 pm

Well I'm still a student but I've been doing lots of practicing on my family and friends! I love making up little spa-type treatment to go with the massage. I've been doing a foot moisturizing treatment that they all love. I use 100% Shea Butter (refined) I mix in a little essential oil in the shea butter too.

I massage the feet and slather on the shea butter really thick. The I wrap the feet in ace bandages. Then I put their feet in microwave warming booties for the length of the massage. No matter how dry and cracked their feet were, the shea butter absorbs and softens them beautifully. No one could believe it! I don't think I'll ever use anything else.
Last edited by sandyrose on Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fudja / aka Greatlakes
Registered Member

Post by fudja / aka Greatlakes » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:40 pm

Bump!! Tara, how is the foot balm working for you?

softhearted515
Registered Member

Post by softhearted515 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:38 pm

I love Pure Pro's foot cream personally.

terab
Registered Member

Post by terab » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:53 pm

GrateLakes wrote:Bump!! Tara, how is the foot balm working for you?
whoops, it took me a while to see this but i just thought i'd say that i totally love the bon vital foot balm. it's all i use now! i purchase the big tub of it and it lasts forever! a really great purchase.

Return to “Tools of the Trade”