AOBT bar installation

We have grown with the industry and found we need a forum just for products on the market, places to find them and discussions regarding these items. Please be aware that discussing products or companies should be done with respect and an offer of positive knowledge for all board members.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

stonegirl

AOBT bar installation

Post by stonegirl » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:08 pm

My Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy class is only 2 weeks away!! I am SUPER excited. :woohoo:
I am meeting with my landlord's maintenance staff next week to go over installing my bars. I'm not even sure what all materials I will need...
any help would be appreciated!
Last edited by stonegirl on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

fudja / aka Greatlakes
Registered Member

Post by fudja / aka Greatlakes » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:35 pm

Hmmm, I am not sure I would want to try a totally new type of bodywork on someone without a proper class. Especially when you arent familiar with your strength and how it will be taken by your practice dummie. I would imagine the class would be able to help you adapt and know what to look for.

melb
Registered Member

Post by melb » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:40 pm

I'm sure the best info you're going to get about installing bars will be during the training. One of the websites used to have detailed instructions about how to set up the bars, but it seems to have been removed, so they probably had some issues with people not following instructions well in the past.

stonegirl

Post by stonegirl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:19 am

my practice body is my husband, and I've already done barefoot shiatsu clothed on the floor with him as I've had training in that in my original MT training.
Last edited by stonegirl on Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:30 am

StoneGirl wrote: Forget I even asked, I had a feeling it would not be well received.
Hey, no worries.

I think that many of us practice new techniques and even make some up.

I know there is a range of massage work by foot that is done on the floor. I have made up my own "routine" of sorts and don't need a class to tell me how much pressure I should give or how to "do it". However, of course I would like to take classes some day to see how others do this and get some new information. Also, I don't practice this in my office, because I am not set up to do floor work there. But, it doesn't mean I can only do bodywork styles that I was "taught" either (heck, we weren't "taught" elbow work, but dang I am excellent at it).

Sure, there is a responsible limit to what we use on clients. But I feel that knowledgeable therapists can always learn, tweak, expand and grow even without a "class". It all depends on your strengths and weaknesses.

That's how we got the airplane. Someone had to try it. :)

I am hoping someone helps you out with your question. But, please don't throw out the question, just because some people disagree.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

fudja / aka Greatlakes
Registered Member

Post by fudja / aka Greatlakes » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:13 am

I wasnt picking on ya. I was just trying to add another aspect of safty. I had no way of knowing you had some ashi background. If I had known, I wouldnt have even said anthing.

mush
Registered Member

Post by mush » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:40 pm

please post your review of your class, i'm sure it would be interesting....
and you could be the sunshine falling over the mountains.. john butler
red rocks 9/2005

pueppi
Registered Member

Re: AOBT bar installation

Post by pueppi » Fri May 18, 2018 4:32 pm

A little info I put together today...
  • Custom wye bolts and a schematic can be purchased at: http://www.deepfeet.com/product/custom- ... eye-bolts/
    • "Available in two sizes- Sold Separately
      Long eyebolts: 13 3/4 length before installed11.5 in.
      Short eyebolts: 10 ½ length before installed 8 inches after.
      Comes with Bar Installation Manual for proper install.
      Eye Bolts are powder coated black, paintable: can be primed with any metal primmer spray paint product to change the color. Silver is a popular color of choice. Correct bar installation is your #1 priority after training. Lecture during class involved bar schematics and design, if you still have questions please review your manual or contact your instructor to schedule a follow up phone consultation $25 restocking fee for returns plus shipping."

And some general cross-links:
Ashiatsu Bars
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy
Ahh...Shiatsu Massage Therapy

And, a pinterst page that has some photos of a number of different set-ups:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982014464250/
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

Return to “Tools of the Trade”