Doing well selling Advocare products in my practice

We have grown with the industry and found we need a forum just for products on the market, places to find them and discussions regarding these items. Please be aware that discussing products or companies should be done with respect and an offer of positive knowledge for all board members.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

Pamsuemil
Fresh Hands

Doing well selling Advocare products in my practice

Post by Pamsuemil » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:42 pm

So I have been looking for products to sell in my practice for the past 15 years and just recently came across the company Advocare which is a supplement company. I started taking it myself because my muscles and joints started giving me problems and my energy level was terrible with no intention of selling it. Had such great results after doing a cleanse and taking several of their products that my clients were begging me for them. There is good and bad to every company but I couldn't be happier and I haven't felt this good in years!! It is multi level marketing which I wasn't thrilled with but I would sell it out of a cardboard box if that was what was offered at this point. I made more in my 6 weeks of selling products them I do in my busier months without any wear and tear on my body. Anyone else working with them??

squash_blsm

Re: Doing well selling Advocare products in my practice

Post by squash_blsm » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:07 am

I avoid ALL MLM products as a rule.
The Hype is always greater than the quality.

But good luck to you if you are happy...just don't try to "sell" it to me :mrgreen:
Help make a difference in our world by joining the Spa Professionals team on Kiva.org and make a loan to someone in need today.
http://www.kiva.org/...ls/by/cindy9404

JLWmassage

Post by JLWmassage » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:20 am

That's wonderful to hear :smt041

I am personally a fan of MLM products/ business model for solo LMT's. I think its a great way to expand you business without increasing your overhead or having employee's

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:15 pm

I've gotta agree with s_b.

That, and I find that most people who get involved in MLM's aren't making money off it as much as they are getting discounts on the products they want. Nothing wrong with this, only that I don't see it as a good form of "business" for my business. Many times, it's more or less just having something available for the few people who walk through the massage therapists doors (that's about 5 people a day) and not a functional way to expand the business. For it to be that, you'd want to be making a fairly lucrative sum per month per square foot of the area used for the MLM product (after the pre-purchase cost).

However, it sounds like the OP is doing well with their new found venture. For that, I congratulate you.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

JasonE
Moderator-S.S.S

Post by JasonE » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Are you recommending/selling nutritional supplements in your massage therapy practice? If so, that's outside your scope of practice. Keep it separate and you're fine.

The product training provided by Advocare is NOT considered formal education in nutrition and supplementation, and absolutely does NOT qualify you to be making specific recommendations as a health professional.
Jason Erickson, NCTMB, ACE-CPT, AIS-TA
Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer
http://www.CSTMinnesota.com

Internet forums are like going to the zoo; if you get enough monkeys together, sooner or later someone will start throwing their poo.

squash_blsm

Post by squash_blsm » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:45 am

JasonE wrote:Are you recommending/selling nutritional supplements in your massage therapy practice? If so, that's outside your scope of practice. Keep it separate and you're fine.

The product training provided by Advocare is NOT considered formal education in nutrition and supplementation, and absolutely does NOT qualify you to be making specific recommendations as a health professional.
I think that this is the most important point.
I see MLM sellers who are diagnosing and "treating" conditions with whatever products that they are selling. I think that this is a potentially dangerous practice.

This is what truly disgusts me about the majority of mlm'ers...besides the unsubstantiated claims that they make (which in my book is out and out lying and deception...they can't all believe that hype can they?) Legitimate products do NOT need the MLM business model.

I don't see that most of these people even WANT to help others. How CAN there NOT be a conflict of interest or an ulterior motive when what they really want is to loop people into their"down-line" so that they can build their little empire. :irked:
Help make a difference in our world by joining the Spa Professionals team on Kiva.org and make a loan to someone in need today.
http://www.kiva.org/...ls/by/cindy9404

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Post by EgoMagickian » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Joined and posted once to promote an MLM company? Looks spammy to me...

Return to “Tools of the Trade”