Need a simple intake and waiver form for chair massage

We have grown with the industry and found we need a forum just for products on the market, places to find them and discussions regarding these items. Please be aware that discussing products or companies should be done with respect and an offer of positive knowledge for all board members.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

plucky
Registered Member

Need a simple intake and waiver form for chair massage

Post by plucky » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:30 am

I've looked online and so many are just too long and detailed. Honestly, some are just too intimidating. I don't want to scare people off over a 10 minute chair massage

Does anyone have something friendly and short?
~Wherever you go, may you leave with a new friend~

pueppi
Registered Member

Re: Need a simple intake and waiver form for chair massage

Post by pueppi » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:36 am

I found this in the Chair Massage Section by typing in "intake" near the "New Topic" tab where it says "Search this Forum". Link to info it gave me: http://www.bodyworkonline.com/forum/search.php?fid[]=27
tiger snacks wrote:I found mine as well and modified. I put two of these small excerpts on a paper and cut them out. So one page equals two client forms.

I provide high quality, professional chair massage. Chair massage is a convenient, safe, and effective way to relieve physical and mental stress.
Chair Massage is performed in a comfortable chair and will focus on the neck, back, and arms, excluding any contraindicated areas. No clothing is removed.
If at any time the client is uncomfortable with the massage, he/she may terminate the session.

Please note that I am not qualified to diagnose medical problems. Massage Therapy is not a substitute for medical examination or diagnosis.

It is important to keep your therapist aware of your health conditions. Certain health conditions are contraindicated for massage. It is your responsibility to inform your therapist if you have any concerning health conditions.

Please sign below if you have read, understand, and will comply with the above statements. Thank you.
Name(Please Print):_____________________

Email:_______________________________(optional)
Signature____________________________
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

plucky
Registered Member

Post by plucky » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:43 am

Thanks so much peuppi.

However, I was hoping to hear from therapists and their reasons for using what they use

That form seems more like a consent form and not a waiver from liability. I guess I'm looking for a happy medium between the two
~Wherever you go, may you leave with a new friend~

MarionFM
Moderator-S.S.S

Post by MarionFM » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:32 am

Eric Brown is a leading chair massage teacher. He teaches practitioners to ask three questions.

1 Have you had any recent injuries? (2-3 days, i.e. is it something they should be going to the doctor about.)

2 Are you in severe pain? (again, should they be going to the doctor or is it chronic.)

3 Do you have any skin conditions that would be irritated by massage? (Sounds obvious but you are generally working through clothing and need to know if they have sunburn or, as one client said to me, Do you mean those stitches in my shoulder? Gulp, yes.)

I am assuming that your chair massages are going to be primarily for relaxation and you are not trying to 'fix' them.

If you need something in writing that can be signed, then a form like the one below or modify it to your own ideas would be fine.

If you are at your own events, have the form ready at the waiting area so you can just glance at it before you take them. People want massage, not chit chat about their condition. If you are doing '10 minute' massages, try not to spend more than one minute on intake and getting them in the chair.

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:36 am

plucky wrote:Thanks so much peuppi.

However, I was hoping to hear from therapists and their reasons for using what they use

That form seems more like a consent form and not a waiver from liability. I guess I'm looking for a happy medium between the two

Until more therapists reply, you may want to go to the Chair Massage Forum and then type "intake" near the "New Topic" tab where it says "Search this Forum". That will take you to topics we've had in the past on the subject and may give you more ideas and thoughts and info on why different people use what they use.

Sorry, but the link I provided didn't come through in my original post. For some reason the forum is not allowing it.

I think I didn't realize what you needed, so you may also want to type in "waiver liability" in the box as well. And, here is a link about a Treatment Waiver Form.

Specific forum search box looks like this:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

Return to “Tools of the Trade”