Boiance--WHEN??  :)

We have grown with the industry and found we need a forum just for products on the market, places to find them and discussions regarding these items. Please be aware that discussing products or companies should be done with respect and an offer of positive knowledge for all board members.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

mojoarizona
Fresh Hands

boiance

Post by mojoarizona » Thu May 29, 2008 7:49 pm

This is awesome! I highly recommend it for so many reasons, definitely worth the money.
mojoarizona

FloridaKaren
Fresh Hands

Post by FloridaKaren » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:53 pm

:D I just ordered one of these face cradles based on all the great reviews. I can't wait until it comes in! Thanks so much!!!

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:42 am

Please tell us what you think once you get it! :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

jasond
Registered Member

Post by jasond » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:02 am

I think you'll like it. Really has helped my clients with their sinus congestion. Just soo much more comfortable. I have also talked to the inventor and she is a nice person easy to do business with.'

Jason
Release your Spirit through Bodywork

FloridaKaren
Fresh Hands

Post by FloridaKaren » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:26 am

I will absolutely let you guys know what I think of it. :) I got an e-mail from Patricia this morning letting me know it would be shipped today. I am so anxious to try it. This is my last week at the massage clinic I have been working at since January of this year. Next week I am starting at a brand new day spa 2.5 miles from my house (yippee!) The face cradle that they have now is the standard one that came with the table. I splurged on a whole bunch of things for my new treatment room and this face cradle is one of my splurge items. Now if I could only calm down enough to sleep at night. :jiggy:

FloridaKaren
Fresh Hands

Post by FloridaKaren » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:31 am

It arrived!!!!!

:smt050

Tomorrow will be the day it gets tested out. I tried it out this morning when I got to work and stayed prone for a bit to see if I started to get clogged up (it was very comfy!) and I was breathing easily.

I'll report back again after a week or two once I get some client feedback.

pueppi
Registered Member

Re:

Post by pueppi » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:47 pm

FloridaKaren wrote:It arrived!!!!!

:smt050

Tomorrow will be the day it gets tested out. I tried it out this morning when I got to work and stayed prone for a bit to see if I started to get clogged up (it was very comfy!) and I was breathing easily.

I'll report back again after a week or two once I get some client feedback.
Mind providing an update?

I'd also be thankful for more reviews on this face cradle cushion with comparisons to the cushion any of you used prior to the purchase of the Boiance.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...

pueppi
Registered Member

Oakworks Boiance Face Cradle Headrest Reviews

Post by pueppi » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:41 am

Other input on Boiance:
terab wrote:i have the boiance (i think someone else had posted a link a while back. i saw it and bought it. i really like it and my clients think it's better than the KUR that i had.

<snip>

i actually have the boiance. i like it. i tried to switch back (recently) to the memory foam 'cause i started thinking there wasn't much of a difference. well, i was wrong. there really is a difference.
Breathe wrote:My face rest pad is from Boiance and I can't recommend this enough.
moose_goose wrote:Recently got Oakwork's Boiance, and I really like it. A client commented that she doesn't feel like she's being suffocated anymore!
moogie wrote:I've switched to using the Boiance face cradle with flat polar fleece covers and that seems to be a very nice combination.

As far as the stuffiness, no face cradle is going to made a difference. It's just going to happen.
kathryn wrote:I also like the boiance. I used my Earthlite cushion for almost ten years and many clients commented on how comfortable it was, but I also wanted something new and that's what I went with. My clients like it, and it has velcro for attachment to any of the face rest holders.

<snip>

The Boiance has a deeper width, so some washable face cradle covers may not fit. The feather soft washable fitted covers I use do fit. I actually have two clients who don't like the Boiance and so I pull out the Earthlite cushion when they come in. They weren't clients before I had the Boiance but when they each had their first session, each remarked they felt the face cradle cushion was "too poufy" and "too soft". Everyone else seems to like it well enough. I can't say that it has helped prevent stuffiness that much, I haven't noticed a difference, I still get clients who stuff up a little even with the Boiance. Although, thinking back, it's hard to say. When I had the Earthlite cushion I was working in an office that had carpeting. I didn't get the Boiance until I was at my current location that has hardwood flooring, so that might be why I'm noticing less stuffiness in clients.

<snip>

I got a massage on my table and hardly ever get stuffy and I was stuffy in the Bioance face rest, that's why I'm thinking of selling it. I still get clients who are stuffy but not as much, but I think it's the fact that I have the head portion of the table raised a notch higher than the feet portion & that I've moved from an office with wall to wall carpet into one with hardwood flooring. Only after both those incidents have I noticed a decrease in stuffiness. I didn't notice any difference when I began using the Bioance face rest, which was several months after I moved into the office with hardwood flooring.
jasond wrote:I'll put in my vote for the Boiance face pillow. Most of my clients really like it, never had a complaint with it. Although it doesn't relieve congestion in all my clients, some it really helps.

<snip>

I even do some shiatsu moves where I get up on the table for extra pressure, again the table is solid and comfortable and never complains. The only thing Custom Craftworks lags on is the design of their face cradle system. Only pivots at one point, bar where chin is. I overcome this by using the boiance face cradle pad.
shivashiva wrote:I use the Boiance face cradle cushion on all our tables. When I first switched it out for the old Earthlite standard ones every client commented that it felt better, either unprompted, or when I asked after the massage.

I myself find that it reduces pressure on the pressure points of my face. Stuffiness might be reduced a little, but mainly it reduces the pain I feel. Usually when I get a massage I have to take my head out of the face cradle about halfway through, but with this I can keep my face in almost until the end of the prone work.

It's still not perfect, but I'd say it's 50% better than the others I used.

<snip>

All clients who comment say that it's noticeably way better. We have two tables without it and this is a good reminder to me to order 2 more.

<snip>

I think it's definitely worth the investment.
Robin Byler Thomas: from massageprofessionals.com - http://www.massageprofessionals.com/forum/topics/boiance-face-cradles?id=2887274%3ATopic%3A208055&page=1#comments wrote: I was in the discussion last year and have been using the Bioance ever since (1+ year). All but one of my clients like it better than my old face cradle, including those with the worst sinus conditions. It does seem to leave less impressions on client's faces. It is bigger than my old face cradle (which I've kept for that one client) and completely fills most fitted face cradle covers. It's also noisy when you take it off, as folks have mentioned, but that may or may not affect you (I pull the whole thing out when clients flip over). You also need to use their recommended method of cleaning or the leather drys out and cracks. Overall, I've been happy. Good luck!
Blisss wrote:If you read the threads on the various products, you’ll see mixed reviews on all of them. I've tried Boiance, Kurve & a Standard Memory Foam Face Pillow. With each trial, most of my clients either didn’t notice the difference or didn’t care one way or the other. Of those that did express an opinion, half preferred the new pillow each time, and half hated the new pillow. In the end, I went back to using what I’ve always used:

Earthlite’s deluxe headrest: http://www.earthlite.com/headrests.htm
Covered by Earthlite Basics fleece crescent cover: http://www.earthlite.com/massageLinens_basics.htm
Final layer = Smoothie face cradle covers: http://www.sewandsewonline.com/index.cf ... roduct=107
Last edited by pueppi on Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 8 times in total.

pueppi
Registered Member

Oakworks Boiance Face Cradle Headrest

Post by pueppi » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:56 am

pueppi wrote:I'd also be thankful for more reviews on this face cradle cushion with comparisons to the cushion any of you used prior to the purchase of the Boiance.
I am currently using this face rest set up, which is basically a copy of Blisss' combination (described above). And, I have finally decided to order the Boiance face cradle / face rest cushion. I probably should have ordered it a number of years ago, but never made the move to do so.

Since we just found out that a family member must have a vitrectomy in a two weeks time, I decided I'd better go ahead and make the purchase ASAP, in case it ends up being the face cradle that makes all the difference in the world (post-op requirements are that one must be in a constant face down position for a period of at least one week, lay, sleep and sit in the face-down position --- think: "massage table / chair 24 hours a day", and move around in the face-down position when walking, etc.).

Oakworks builds to order with a bare minimum 2½ week turn around before delivery. So, that means you are looking at 3-4 weeks from order to door. So, I went ahead and placed the order last night and called customer service support staff at Oakworks this morning, asking if there was any way I could pay to expedite creation and shipping. Can you believe that the lady I spoke with was kind enough to let me know that she would contact the production manager at the plant to see if there is anything that can be done to get the cushion made and delivered prior to surgery? :shocked: They are doing what they can to get the face rest to me by the date I need it (in 2 weeks). :)

That is some awesome customer service, even if they won't be able to make it happen. Because of this, I will certainly look at Oakworks first for all of my future massage product needs! :kiss:

One thing I noticed was that the face cradle insides (the soft liquid balls) on the video
look a lot larger than the ones in the Oakworks product photo.

If anyone knows why there is a difference, or when the difference occurred (year / make / model), could you let me know. I'll try to remember to ask Oakworks when I get talk to them again, too.

pueppi
Registered Member

Re:

Post by pueppi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:17 pm

pueppi wrote:That is some awesome customer service, even if they won't be able to make it happen. Because of this, I will certainly look at Oakworks first for all of my future massage product needs! :kiss:
Oakworks was able to get the face cradle headrest to me ahead of time. THANK YOU, OAKWORKS! :)

Also, my face cradle head rest had the smaller soft balls in it, all around like the current Oakworks photo and not like the video.

I'll do a review on the Boiance in a few weeks, when we get through with the surgery and recovery period.

Breathe wrote:I use very thick cradle covers and still feel the difference. In fact it seems to improve it. I use first a thin cotton cover that is cut large to accomodate the whole thing without getting bound up, then over the top of that I lay a polar fleece cradle drape. The cotton cover keeps the drape from sliding around, and not only do they NOT get face lines, but they also don't have those pressure spots from too small cradle covers that can't stretch or move enough to accomodate pressure from the face.
Breathe, when you get time, can you help me? I got my Boiance today, but my Sew & Sew Seamless "Smoothie" Face Cradle Covers don't fit. :( (a cross-thread on another forum says they do, but I think that is because the person owns the original version of the Boiance, not the Oakworks version).

Can you give me some information on the places where you order your oversized covers and the style names or style numbers please?

• ONE THOUGHT: I'm seriously thinking about taking the whole thing apart and whittling it down to fit into my regaulal face cradle cushion when the current need for my husbands recovery is complete. Anyone have any ideas on this?

It looks as though I could put a thinner piece of soft matieral on the bottom and cut off the ends somewhat. I'm just wondering if this would make it to where the head fell down into more of a gully or something and that is why they have the thick cushion on the bottom.

Thanks in advance.

pueppi
Registered Member

Information / Photos on Oakworks Boiance Face Cradle Head Re

Post by pueppi » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:51 am

pueppi wrote:Also, my face cradle head rest had the smaller soft balls in it, all around like the current Oakworks photo and not like the video.
OK, forgive me, but I was wrong ^. I finally pulled the Boiance completely out of it's cover, which I had not done previously (I had only peeked inside). Mine does not have the *balls* side by side, like the current photo (with the green balls). Instead, it is more like the Oakworks video. At the top of the face cradle (the curved section) at the bilateral supra-orbital sinus cavities, there are two pockets (1 pocket per side) with two balls per pocket. At the maxillary regions there are 4 pockets (2 on each side) with a single ball in each section. It looks like this:

ONE THOUGHT: I'm seriously thinking about taking the whole thing apart and whittling it down to fit into my regular face cradle cushion when the current need for my husbands recovery is complete. Anyone have any ideas on this?
Knowing I was going to have to purchase a full set of face cradle covers for the Boiance in the cushion is was sent in, that I finally took it apart to see if I could manipulate it into a different headrest cover. Ends up, it can be inserted into a normal Earthlite or Stronglite headrest cover quite easily; no whittling needed. That allows for my smoothie face cradle covers to fit nicely. See photos below:

I'll do a review on the Boiance in a few weeks, when we get through with the surgery and recovery period.
The Boiance cradle is nice, and for the surgery needs it certainly worked better than anything else we could come up with. You can read more about that, here.

Because my husband has a very heavy head, we found that no matter how we positioned the support, his head dropped all the way down to the cradle base after about 10 minutes. If you have a populous of clients with heavy heads, this face rest may not be for you.

However, if you have clients who get stuffy easily, don't have a large noggin', do not want to put a tempurpedic-style cradle insert into your current head-rest, and don't mind change :P --- then from what I can see, this is certainly the best option out there.

In the long run, I've decided to stay with my current combination for my face cradle set-up, mainly because I am used to it, it works well, I don't like change, and I don't want to have to switch out face cradles depending on who wants which one.

Since I have two massage tables, I want to keep the same set up for each. I would have to purchase a second Boiance, if I wanted to go in this direction.

Overall, it is a nice product, well made, and the insides can be inserted into a number of styles of face cradle covers, if you don't like the one it comes in.

And, that's the end of my review! :)

Return to “Tools of the Trade”