What Kind of Table Do You Have??

We have grown with the industry and found we need a forum just for products on the market, places to find them and discussions regarding these items. Please be aware that discussing products or companies should be done with respect and an offer of positive knowledge for all board members.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:16 am

Poppy wrote:Hello... I am a student of massage therapy and really need a table to practice on however I am on the tightest of budgets as I am an international student who can't work in the US and has to live for a year!

Things to note are that I am only using it for a year and then will be selling it on as I won't be able to ship it home...
Poppy, you may also want to look at e-bay. If you are only keeping it for a year and don't have much money to spend, there are some very inexpensive ones there. I don't know how they'd hold up, but it's another option. I typed in "massage table" on ebay and found this:
I am not familiar with the tables you mentioned, so can't help with that.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

Mr. Mike
Fresh Hands

Post by Mr. Mike » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:49 pm

I have an NRG table that I got in my "Ultimate Business Starter Package" a long with a grasshopper massage chair, cart, facerest pad, bolster, sheets, oils, creams and some more stuff for about $399. It is by far the best deal out there! :lol:

mkat321
Registered Member

Post by mkat321 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:16 am

I opened this thread hoping someone had used the OneTouch lightweight table as it sounds like it would be right up my alley. I will be doing outcalls only for awhile yet and my current table {Oakworks} is doing a number on my lower back carrying it up and down the stairs to my house {second floor of an top/bottom duplex}

At any rate, if anyone has experience to share about this table I would greatly appreciate it.

smithdwsn
Fresh Hands

Re: What Kind of Table Do You Have??

Post by smithdwsn » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:59 am

I have EarthLite Spirit table and i am very comfortable with it. There is no problem with that. It is best for me.
Very Nice!

JLWmassage

Post by JLWmassage » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:42 am

I have a Oakworks Nova LS. And she is my best friends :D

LMTyogini
Registered Member

Post by LMTyogini » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:55 pm

I splurged when I was in school for an Oakworks Aurora and I've gotten very attached to her (she's purple :)

So much that when I moved her from my home office to my new office I felt a pang because she wouldn't be 'living' with me anymore. I'm planning on getting another table for home use (I have ashiatsu bars installed), and I think I'm going to go with the same table in lilac!

Vivian
Registered Member

Post by Vivian » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:40 pm

The table I use the most is and old, handmade, chiropractors table.
No adjustible legs, so I simply cut them off at "my" height.
And I drilled 2 holes in each end so that I can insert the face cradle on either end.
It is wide and sturdy as can be, it does not creak and moan like some tables do.
It's ugly, but when all made up it looks great.
Vivian
Eco friendly Hemp Microwave Heating Pad for moist heat therapy.

Pete
Retired Site Admin

Post by Pete » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:17 pm

I splurged and bought an Oakworks Proluxe Seville electric lift table. It came today!!!!

DollFin511
Fresh Hands

Post by DollFin511 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:53 pm

I have a portable Oakworks, I believe it is called an Aurora. I've had it 3 years, and I've had no problems with it so far. A colleague has an Earthlite portable table that is basically identical to mine (except mine has one Reiki endplate), but hers has broken twice. She's gotten it replaced once, hasn't sent it back the second time yet. Of course it is expensive to return it each time. She had it for about 4 years before it broke, and about another ONE maybe TWO years TOPS and it broke this second time.

We wish she could tell Massage Warehouse to give her an Oakworks instead. She has an Oakworks table for her personal work (the Earthlite is at the shop we work at), and has had it for about 10 years with NO problems! I think because of our experience, we are both loyal Oakworks customers from now on.

SheriReiki
Fresh Hands

Post by SheriReiki » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Oakworks Nova table (but see my signature line to see why I am biased!). It's nice to see so many Oakworks table fans here. :D

JasonE
Moderator-S.S.S

Post by JasonE » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:10 pm

My original intent was to be a mobile massage therapist, so I wanted a top-quality, lightweight metal table for size and portability. The Oakworks Wellspring was very appealing, but when I tried one that had been used at school, it was getting wobbly and I didn't feel confident about it. It was the first (and so far only) Oakworks table I didn't trust.

After much research, I became interested in the Golden Ratio "Mike's Light" table. Very comparable to the other table in every way that I liked. I was sold on it when several long-experienced MTs told me they had that exact table for years with no complaints or problems whatsoever. It really is a great table - very portable with super-fast setup and takedown, even changing table height is a matter of seconds. It's been perfect for my needs whenever I go mobile and work outside the massage center.
Jason Erickson, NCTMB, ACE-CPT, AIS-TA
Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer
http://www.CSTMinnesota.com

Internet forums are like going to the zoo; if you get enough monkeys together, sooner or later someone will start throwing their poo.

stonegirl

Post by stonegirl » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:30 pm

I've had many different brands throughout the years... but Earthlite is my fav. Not sure why... my first table was an Earthlite and it still just... gives me that warm fuzzy feeling :massage:
I have always had portable tables though... *sigh* someday I will know the joys of a hydrolic!!

TessKB
Fresh Hands

Re:

Post by TessKB » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:11 pm

Mr. Mike wrote:I have an NRG table that I got in my "Ultimate Business Starter Package" a long with a grasshopper massage chair, cart, facerest pad, bolster, sheets, oils, creams and some more stuff for about $399. It is by far the best deal out there! :lol:
I LOVE the grasshopper chair! It's really comfortable, it furthered my happiness with NRG. What do you think of it?

TessKB
Fresh Hands

Post by TessKB » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:11 pm

I have a purple NRG table. It's amazing and sturdy yet it's easy to transport when I need to. It came with a chair, bolster,and carrying case. I got it from Massage Warehouse. I have no complaints with it. It's amazing and I already feel very connected with it.

BackrubMonster
Registered Member

Post by BackrubMonster » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:27 pm

I have an Earthlite Harmony II (now discontinued) - very sturdy, no squeak/noise problems, and it's about 6 years old -- VERY light use compared to others' tables around here, though, since I fell away from massage for a few years :oops: I ordered it with the double-tilt headrest, which is AWESOME, and replaced the too-firm face cushion with a Kur memory foam one.
The drawback is the waaaay-firm padding -- just not very inviting to lie on. Once things really get rolling, I'll probably replace this one with a better-padded table for outcalls, so I don't have to haul extra materials to outcalls to "squishify" the table for clients.

bethanybob
Fresh Hands

Post by bethanybob » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:59 pm

My school bought me an Oakworks Synergy table. She is beautiful! :mrgreen:

nybor7
Registered Member

Post by nybor7 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:42 pm

JasonE wrote: After much research, I became interested in the Golden Ratio "Mike's Light" table. Very comparable to the other table in every way that I liked. I was sold on it when several long-experienced MTs told me they had that exact table for years with no complaints or problems whatsoever. It really is a great table - very portable with super-fast setup and takedown, even changing table height is a matter of seconds. It's been perfect for my needs whenever I go mobile and work outside the massage center.

Jason, do you still have this table?
I need a LIGHTweight replacement for my Oakworks.
Thanks in advance.
r e l a x - South Carolina

moogie
Site Admin

Post by moogie » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:52 pm

nybor7 wrote:Jason, do you still have this table?
I need a LIGHTweight replacement for my Oakworks.
Thanks in advance.
:smt006 :smt006 :smt006 :smt006

Long time no see!! Welcome back and I hope you've been well.

Angie

Adrienne
Fresh Hands

Post by Adrienne » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:06 pm

nybor7 wrote:I need a LIGHTweight replacement for my Oakworks.
Have you looked at the Pisces New Wave II Lite? I have a different model, but I love my Pisces. It's lightweight, sturdy, comfortable, and professional-looking.

Tephan
Fresh Hands

Post by Tephan » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Hello all. Just wanted to throw in my 2c as a new student.

I purchased the Master Massage Coronado portable massage table from Amazon. When I bought the table it was going for $265.99 and came with Bolster, Case, 100 disposable face pillow covers and a 4 CD set of massage music.

Here's a link to my review on Amazon (linked so's not to clutter up the forum). One thing I didn't mention in the review is how nice the case is. The shoulder strap on the case distributes the weight evenly and is well-padded.

In a nutshell, I've been really pleased with the table for a student purchase. It's very strong, stable and comfortable. It doesn't have much by way of frills (except for the built in heated pad) but I think it's a great student table. If anyone else has any insight into the company (Master Massage, based out of Chicago) I would love to hear it :) (In other words, please help me validate my purchase! heh)

localgirl
Fresh Hands

Post by localgirl » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:54 am

MassageChairs.com has some pretty good prices, with free shipping, on portable and stationary tables like Earthlite and Oakworks.

bodyworkmentor
Fresh Hands

Post by bodyworkmentor » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:25 pm

I have an Oakworks Wellspring table. It’s a lightweight custom table, 31” wide, rounded corners, extra padding. It weighs about 27 lbs and has telescoping legs. If I need to, I can even adjust the table height with the client on it. I LOVE this table. It’s been a mobile table for nearly 10 years and you wouldn’t know it ~ it’s like new. I’m retired from bodywork now, but my clients absolutely loved it. It’s such an easy table to set up and take down and super sturdy. It’ll hold up to 550 lbs which is a lot! I’ve had some fairly large clients, but the extra width and the table strength didn’t make me think twice. I’ve used other tables when I’ve worked at spas and had to go to the guests’ rooms and the difference in set up, carrying... all of it could not compare with my table. Can you tell I highly recommend it? :grin:
[color=#8040FF][b]The Bodywork Mentor[/b][/color]
[i]Learn. Do. Teach. Mentor.[/i]
[url]http://www.bodyworkmentor.com[/url]

oasisbt
Fresh Hands

Post by oasisbt » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

I have the Oakworks Nova. Love it!! :D
"we bring the Oasis to you!"
Oasisbt

Return to “Tools of the Trade”