What Kind of Table Do You Have??

We have grown with the industry and found we need a forum just for products on the market, places to find them and discussions regarding these items. Please be aware that discussing products or companies should be done with respect and an offer of positive knowledge for all board members.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

Aamna
Fresh Hands

Post by Aamna » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:58 am

I just found this link on ebay, for anyone that's interested. That's where I got a sweet deal on my table when I was in school.

Ebay Link

Aamna

Link edited by PG
Aamna

"The Doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patient in the care of the (human) frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease." Thomas A. Edison

Metta Man
Fresh Hands

Post by Metta Man » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:14 pm

Any one have much experience with Earthlite's Avalon. I see that the price for the table has dropped to around $330 or so.
"I'ved come to the realization that the best time in which to live, is the time in which I realized that I was living."

maestra
Site Admin

Post by maestra » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:31 pm

Metta Man wrote:Any one have much experience with Earthlite's Avalon.
See the first page of this thread, third post down for more details on mine.
My Earthlite Avalon was purchased for me by my MT school in Jan. 1997. I've been using it for over 9 years now. I think it's done great for it's age! :lol:
“Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell” - Bill Copeland

jasond
Registered Member

Post by jasond » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:36 am

Years ago I purchased an Ultra Light table from ultra light corp. Very light, very sturdy table good system overall. Unfortunately their out of business.

I also have a Custom Craftworks table 28" wide table with arm extensions, ulta leather ect.

Very sturdy table, wouldn't recommend it for outcalls too heavy. Also the face cradle system only has one pivot of rotation, so you can't adjust height like lou can on the earth light face cradles.

That being said it's probably one of the most comfortable and solid tables out there.

One thing I really liked about the Ultra light table is that you can quickly adjust the table height because of the quick push button tube legs. The Custom craftworks table you have to get down and unscrew knobs ect.

Jason

HealJoy
Fresh Hands

did you get the new table

Post by HealJoy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:38 am

Just curious if you went with another pisces and the results....
Corban_hands wrote:I'm using a Pisces Production (www.piscespro.com) Table. It's an older model and it's seen better days. The thing I love the MOST about the table, besides the very large size is the fact that they don't use wood under the table for support, instead it uses lots of straps, so the table feels much thicker than it really is. I HATE HATE HATE the headrest, it almost never stays in, I have to constantly check up on it to make sure it's in, but I think the design has been changed recently. Ohh yea and the table is feather light. They also make a wicked massage chair. I'm tempted to get a chair and table. But I really do need a table, it's time for a new one... It fell for the first time the other day... that really worried me... It's a good thing the client was a friend of mine or I woulda been SOL! :roll: The table costs somewhere int he $650 - $730 range after full options and delivery. I'd love to find a different table with a better headrest, that offered a lightweight metal frame and that bungee cord thing under the table, instead of a hard surface. I can do ANYTHING on that table and it doesn't give in.

Blisss
Registered Member

Post by Blisss » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:31 pm

Hi. I was on Earthlite's website today & see they're having a 40% off sale on select massage tables. You have to call or email to find out what's available, but the discount's big enough to make it worthwhile. In case you're shopping for a table, here's the link:
http://www.earthlite.com/specialStock.htm

cuda
Fresh Hands

Post by cuda » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:04 am

Hi Bliss. I called Earthlite yesterday and all they have left is 2 28" avalons left. Thank for the info though. I know that this has been brought up and no one seems to know anything but, I am looking at a NRG karma and would like SOME kind of feed back before I buy and maybe hate it or love it.
Thank you all!
Cuda
Go Fighting Illini

Bodywork_Guy
Registered Member

Post by Bodywork_Guy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:18 am

My new Earthlite Ellora should be here on Friday (22nd) and I can't wait. :D

It's 32", latte colored, deluxe armrest and I got the tilt back for pregnant clients (or those who have a hard time lying flat on their back because of breathing or other issues). The tax credit is going to be nice, too. Since it's my first year the whole year will be a total loss so I'm buying all the things I want or need now. Got a water cooler last night (it also does piping hot so I can offer clients tea or cocoa after a massage).

I'll let ya'll know what I think once the table is in the room...
James Baugh, LMT

Swedish
Fresh Hands

Swedish Tables

Post by Swedish » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:02 pm

Hello! Here in sweden we use much more narrow tables than in other countries i think. 20-27 " is standard here. Wider tables is mostly used for very light massage or energy work. Didnt you get pain in the lower back working on your wide tables? I have just bought a new Golden Ratio master bodyworker centerlock 22". The colour is ultraleather "Butter". I have a Master bodyworker powerstrut before and it was a excellent table. This new one squeaks when you get on or off it. Is that normal? It doesent squeak during the massage though. Anyone else who got this kind of "problem" ?

BackrubMonster
Registered Member

Re: Swedish Tables

Post by BackrubMonster » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:07 am

Swedish wrote:Didnt you get pain in the lower back working on your wide tables?
I have a 30" table and I haven't had any lower back problems thus far.. I was taught at my school to keep my back straight and lift my back heel to provide a bit more reach during a lunge, but to bring it back down to the floor ASAP. I don't find that I need to reach very often, or for extended periods.. might be because my table is set a bit lower.. not sure, I'd have to ponder the body mechanics awhile :)

I have an Earthlite Harmony and I have no qualms except that I wish I had opted for a table with more built-in padding. I LOVE the double-adjustable headrest (it's the older one, not Caress). I had to replace the original face cushion with memory foam when I discovered that the one that was included was very tough... I have a warmer and a fleece pad on there too and I'm thinking of putting something else squishy under the fleece pad, but all of these extra things on top of the table are a LOT to lug around on outcalls. :oops:
All of the Earthlites I've worked with in school & at home have been very sturdy & non-squeak. I'm very happy with the load-bearing capabilities (especially since I entered my boyfriend's living room the other day to discover that four of his friends were crammed together using my table as a couch :shock: !)...

S0LV0
Fresh Hands

Post by S0LV0 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:00 pm

30" Custom Craftworks Omni - Rounded Corners, Arm Extensions, Easy Access End Panels.

It's a great table. It doesn't make noise (even with heavy clients and deep work) like the ones that I use at my office, but it's tough on you if used for mobile work without a cart. CC says that it's 32-35lbs, but it feels like 70 when you have to maneuver it into a small doorway or cramped room for the last session of the day.

heavenlycrystal
Fresh Hands

Post by heavenlycrystal » Tue May 29, 2007 9:29 pm

I have the 30" NRG Chi table. So far so good, but it's new.
HEAVENLY CRYSTAL
Specializing in Chakra Balancing Jewelry

Come visit us today!

massagengel
Registered Member

Post by massagengel » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:21 am

Back in Michigan I have a health mark. Just a cheap $200 table I got to last me through school.
But right now, since I moved to Scotland, I am in the market for an upgrade and have been looking around. Having a hard time deciding what features I need. I want the works but can't afford that just yet.
:P
*·¸.·´¨¨)) -:¦:- *·¸.·´-:¦:-
-:¦:-·´Massagengel .·´-`\'.·
((¸¸.·´*..·´ -:¦:- *·¸.·´))*

PremoMT
Registered Member

Hydrolic tables

Post by PremoMT » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:24 am

While I was working in a spa in upstate NY I had the oppertunity to work with a Hydrolic table and I LOVED IT! I truley enjoyed the fact that I could adjust the table height after the client had laid down, no more wishing I had done so before hand. The brand they had was Touch America. It was fully adjustable as well as hydrolic which made pregnancy massage a breeze. It also had a storage shelf which came in handy for bolsters and other supplies. I will definatly be looking into getting one down the road, although I do not know if I will go with that brand specifically. The spa was new when I started working there, and toward the end of my time there (about 8 months) one of the two tables was starting to have some problems with the adjustability. The hinges were comming apart. I am not sure if it was misuse or just poor quality? Another thing that I am not sure of is the weight. They are impossible to move! (well at least by yourself) Be wary of a warrantee too.
My Website www.premospa.com

softhearted515
Registered Member

Post by softhearted515 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:17 am

Breath, are you still in love with your Oakworks? I have been kicking around a hydro. table because at the Insurance company I work at, I have NO time inbetween clients to adjust and find that all it takes is one large client to cause discomfort in my back. :(

i think of talking to the company to see if they would invest it, that way they have it for future massage therapists, not just me. I don't know how to bring up the subject though.... like Hey, want to buy me and any future mt a 2,000 table? :lol:

PremoMT
Registered Member

hydro tables

Post by PremoMT » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:56 am

Sorry, sometimes I just get on a rampage! LOL!
Before I moved to SC I worked in a spa for about a month (not the previously stated spa) and they too had Touch America hydroulic tables. Not as fancy, and not quite as nice. May be more reasonably priced tho?

Are you at the Ins. co. Full time? I know the feeling of not having any time between clients! At the chriopractor office I am working at now it is the same way. So what I do to kind of help the problem is just lower the table to the lowest peg. That way I can lunge deepley for the smaller clients, and use the most body weight possible for clients who require more deep work. I find I can do a lot more stretching and myofacial releasing of the legs a lot easier this way too.
If you have tried this, and still are having the same problems, do your reasearch. Look at all the different brands of hydro tables out there and find the best one for the best price. Weigh out the pros and cons and just be as informed as you can when you approach them. The more information you have, the less likley they will be to say no. :)
My Website www.premospa.com

elsewhere
Registered Member

Post by elsewhere » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:44 am

I use the CustomCraft Omni with breast recess area. I added a layer of memory foam and it's pretty plush. It's made of Finnish Birch and is kind of on the heavy side but man does is this table sound, comfortable and sturdy.

http://www.customcraftworks.com/package ... egoryID=52

shivashiva
Registered Member

Earthlite, Spirit LT, Pegasus, Astra-lite

Post by shivashiva » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:33 pm

I have a 30" Earthlite Spirit LT, which is lighter than the original Spirit. The plywood of the table is cross hatched to save weight. I haven't had to haul it around much, but I think they said the weight is 26#, so with the headrest and carry case it would probalby be about 30#. (It is comparable in weight to the Pegasus) I only use it at home and didn't get any extra foam. I put an egg crate and a table warmer with a fleece pad and it's SUPER CUSHY. I love the Caress Facerest, which came with the package. I am very happy with this table. I don't use it for outcalls, but if I had to, I would feel comfortable doing it.

I used to have an Astra-lite and I found it to be very good for outcalls. If I were doing lots of outcalls, I think that is what I'd want. It weighed like 22# or something. It was easy to set up and I used it for 2 years with heavy clients and it was no problem. I got rid of it because I moved from Hawaii and did not want to ship it. I don't like the aluminum legs. They just don't look nice in a home practice setting. I actually got one recently and exchanged it for the Spirit LT because the Astra-lite so clashed with my other 'natural' wood decor. Also, the headrest on my original table was I think the super deluxe one and I loved it, but when I bought the new one, the headrest was not so nice, harder to adjust and not as satisfying overall. If you get an astra lite I highly recommend the most upgraded facerest you can get.

I also bought a Pegasus once and returned it for two reasons. One was that it did not go lower than 26" which for deep tissue I think is not low enough (unless you are very tall, I am 5'6"). Also, when I weighed it the weight was not accurate. It was supposed to be 26# and I think it weighed between 3-5 pounds more than that. (I asked my husband and he can't remember either but it was something ridiculous) I could easily buy a 30# table for much less money, so I was disappointed in it for that reason.
Shiva
O friend, understand. / The body is like the ocean, rich with hidden treasures. / Open your innermost chamber / And light its lamp - Mirabai
Blue Lotus Day Spa, Ruidoso, NM | Residential Yoga Teacher Trainings & Bali Yoga Retreats

jasond
Registered Member

Post by jasond » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:52 am

I just have to add. After using my Custom craftworks Atena table for about a year now I have to say I'm very impressed. Thick 3" foam, very comfortable, very solid construction with no squeaks. I tend to do deep work and this table holds up to everything I throw at it. I also like to rock my clients to help loosen up their Sacrum and lower hips, this table never makes a peep. I have the 28" wide model with arm extender inserts if I need them for bigger people. Would really recommend a 28" wide table, soo much easier to get to the person.

I even do some shiatsu moves where I get up on the table for extra pressure, again the table is solid and comfortable and never complains. The only thing Custom Craftworks lags on is the design of their face cradle system. Only pivots at one point, bar where chin is. I overcome this by using the boiance face cradle pad.

Overall I think the Athena table is a great design and solid as a stationary table. For some reason one of the two height adjustment knobs that holds the legs on seems to always come loose. Might be because of the vigorous massage action going on I don't know. Good thing their design has two on each leg.

Jason
Release your Spirit through Bodywork

michiganMT
Fresh Hands
Location: trying to find my copy of "Trail Guide to the body"... it's here somewhere

Post by michiganMT » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:04 pm

my table says earthlite professional but when i looked it up on the web i couldn't find any thing... i think i'm going crazy or something.

y my table no exist!!!

*it's the one w/t the sweet shinto gate-ish plate on the front

if anybody knows my table.. let me know i'm not alone

piscesgm
Fresh Hands

Tatum Lite Catastrophe

Post by piscesgm » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:53 pm

Well, hello everybody!
I just found out that Tatum no longer has my Tatum Lite, because they are out of business?!?! So I have to get a new table, since my Tatum is literally falling apart!
Anybody have any suggestions on a SUPER-LIGHTWEIGHT portable?
Thank you!!!!

ostjoh
Fresh Hands

My massage table...

Post by ostjoh » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:54 pm

I have had my OneTouch Massage Table 1massagestore,com for about three months now. I love it and my clients seem to be comfortable. I have the Elite Model that is 36 lbs, but I see that they have a light weight table now too that they say is 23 lbs. Anybody else have any experience with OneTouch Massage Tables? Just curious if it will be as durable as it seems right now.

paulpvbrown
Fresh Hands

Post by paulpvbrown » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:46 am

I use a Comfort Craft Model 800 table for my massage practice. It's an amazing table that is fully adjustable, with lift, a mid-split that opens the table up to forty degrees, sliding face cradle, fully adjustable arm rests, side arm extenders, and a side-lying pillow set that keeps a client comfortable and stable when working in side-lying position.

Previously, I used an extra-wide and extra-long Custom Craftworks Athena for five years, and it served me well for my work, but it was slowly falling apart, even with the maintenance I did with it. The new table has a different set of maintenance issues, but ones that won't ever have me worrying about the table's collapse.

I have many very large clients, and having the steel frame of the Model 800 has been a wonderful peace of mind for me and them. I can climb on the table with even my largest clients and stretch them out with no worries.

Paul Brown
Discover the Power of Touch
Paul Brown, CMT
http://paulbrown.net/
415-424-9570

riversinger

Post by riversinger » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:48 pm

I have the Golden Ratio - Master Bodyworker & absolutely love it. My only complaint is that the company was a complete pain to deal with. When I purchased it through one of their vendors (who did warn me, that their customer service stunk!) they sent me everything in dribs & drabs, & the table itself came last - over a period of a month or so. The quality was worth the purchase, (not cheap - I believe the cost was around $800.00) it's a great table with really plush padding & I love the purple leather covering. It has the special breast cushioning & the arched (Reiki) end panels on both ends, plus the center-locking cables so everything is out of the way for doing energywork. Yes I splurged for it - but figured my clients, & especially me, deserved it!

I've also added 2 layers of eggcrate padding, plus a memory foam pad, and a sheepskin topper over top of the Sunbeam electric twin sized mattress warmer (much cheaper than buying an official massage table warmer BTW). All the extra padding allows my clients to sink into the soft top & let go of muscle tension - and I can do the Jin Shin Jyutsu energywork - sliding underneath them to hold points, without crushing my arms or cutting off the circulation while I'm working.

If I didn't live in a flood prone region I would have invested in a hydrolyic table though - so I could adjust the height easily - but being that I had to completely empty my office -not to mention the entire first floor of my home, 3 times in about a 2 year period - I wasn't about to purchase something I couldn't pack up & move in a hurry!
The song of the spirit is as the song
of the river, on a journey back to source.

Poppy
Fresh Hands

Post by Poppy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:56 pm

Hello... I am a student of massage therapy and really need a table to practice on however I am on the tightest of budgets as I am an international student who can't work in the US and has to live for a year! I have found the following 2 tables that I can just about afford (total bill under $200) and wondered if anyone had any advice on which one i should go for? Would so so appreciate it thanks...! Things to note are that I am only using it for a year and then will be selling it on as I won't be able to ship it home...
Unable to post links at the moment actually - so deciding between OneTouch elite portable massage table that comes with carrying case, bolsters and head rest $195 shipped
OR
A black aluminium one on Target website $190 shipped

Thank you so much
Poppy
:undecided:

Return to “Tools of the Trade”