Christmas Massage Music

We have grown with the industry and found we need a forum just for products on the market, places to find them and discussions regarding these items. Please be aware that discussing products or companies should be done with respect and an offer of positive knowledge for all board members.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

Blisss
Registered Member

Christmas Massage Music

Post by Blisss » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:10 pm

For the first time this year, I created a playlist of Christmas Massage Music. I'm a non-Christian, who loves Christmas music. Strange, but true! Since my clients are of many different faiths, I ask them before playing it, but so far, everyone's loving it. So I'm wondering if any of you play Christmas Music, and if so, what CD's and/or songs?

Here's my playlist. It starts with the CD "Sacred" by Gypsy Soul. Some of the most beautiful & unique renditions of the old classics I've ever heard. FYI: Gypsy Soul has lyrics, buy the singer has a gorgeous voice. My clients have been asking who it is, so they can buy the CD themselves. Their website has song samples:

http://www.gypsysoul.com/album.asp?albumid=6

Then, I follow that with some instrumental Christmas music I found on iTunes:

"The First Noel" by Tim Story
"Christmas Time is Here" by Sean Harkness
"What Child is This?" by Billy McLaughlin
"Hark the Herald Angels Sing" by Eric Tingstad
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by Steve Erquiaga
"Away in the Manger" by The Pianos of Cha'n
"O Come Emanuel" by Danny Wright
"O Holy Night" by Jim Brickman
"O Come All Ye Faithful" by Wayne Gratz

For my last musical selections, feel free to make fun of me. They are 4 songs from Kenny G's album "Faith". I happen to love that album & I'm not embarrassed to say so! :grin: Here are the tracks I chose for massage:

"I'll Be Home for Christmas"
"The Christmas Song"
"O Christmas Tree"
"Eternal Light"

This makes a 90 minute playlist. I'd love to make it a little longer. Do any of you have Christmas Massage Music to recommend?

Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Post by Rose of Sharon » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:08 pm

I have a lot of Christmas music and have a nearly 4 hour playlist - which is good when I have my senior apartment days where I set up, do one after another all day long, and don't have much time in between to worry about changing music! It is all instrumentals, and young and old have all loved the music.

I have:

Relaxing Christmas, a 2 cd set by Compass Productions. I believe I got that at Target.

Andean Nations Songs of Winter - Native American flutes, nature sounds

Amayna's Oh Holy Night - Native American flutes, nature sounds

Jim Athas' From Heaven Above - this is piano and hammered dulcimer

It is a very nice change of music for a few weeks!
Sharon

BJB-LMP
Registered Member

Post by BJB-LMP » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:23 pm

*taking notes, wishing I had done so much earlier*
-Beccy

Blisss
Registered Member

Post by Blisss » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:54 pm

Sharon, your playlist sounds beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I tried to find the Native American ones online, but came up empty. If you have any links, please post!

BJB, I didn't download the songs from iTunes myself until just 2 days ago! The plus side is that I won't get sick of the playlist, since it's so close to Christmas. I've really been enjoying it.

Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Post by Rose of Sharon » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:29 pm

http://www.andeannation.com/new.html

The amayna website appears to have been hijacked by Amana! Contact info on the cd case, though, is : 5717 Garden Circle #12
Monona WI 53716

I got both of them locally and have several other cd's from the same groups. I've met a couple of the artists and spoken with them, heard them play - it really is beautiful music!!
Sharon

Blisss
Registered Member

Post by Blisss » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:39 am

Thank you!

Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Post by Rose of Sharon » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:22 pm

I nearly forgot!! I also have Smooth Jazz Christmas put out by MogulMusic.com in 2007. I bought the 2 cd set at a gas station, lol.
Sharon

TouchofGrace
Registered Member

Post by TouchofGrace » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:53 pm

I made a playlist by mixing Acoustic Christmas with Celtic Women Christmas. It is beautiful and all the clients I've played it for, love it.
~Sandra

Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow...it empties today of its strength

shivashiva
Registered Member

Post by shivashiva » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:46 pm

For those who like Enya, her "Amarantine" is a good christmas massage cd.
Shiva
O friend, understand. / The body is like the ocean, rich with hidden treasures. / Open your innermost chamber / And light its lamp - Mirabai
Blue Lotus Day Spa, Ruidoso, NM | Residential Yoga Teacher Trainings & Bali Yoga Retreats

shivashiva
Registered Member

Post by shivashiva » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:10 pm

Touch of Grace, which "Acoustic Christmas" do you use? I looked it up on amazon and there are 4 or 5 different ones.

I also like some of Narada's Christmas compilations, Vol 1 and 3 (I think) I have all three volumes and not all songs on all of them are good for massage, and I haven't gone through them yet. But I think I'm going to get about 90(+/-) minutes worth of good music, mostly from those two volumes I mentioned.

I've been listening to the samples of Billy McLaughlin's "Wintersongs and Traditionals" on amazon and I like it. It's wordless acoustic guitar.

Edit: I actually have about 2hrs worth of music from the 3 narada compilations. Just went through them.
Shiva
O friend, understand. / The body is like the ocean, rich with hidden treasures. / Open your innermost chamber / And light its lamp - Mirabai
Blue Lotus Day Spa, Ruidoso, NM | Residential Yoga Teacher Trainings & Bali Yoga Retreats

pueppi
Registered Member

Re: Christmas Massage Music

Post by pueppi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:17 pm

Here is a Jazz Holiday Playlist that someone may enjoy for their practice. I haven't downloaded it to CD to test it on client yet, but I sure am liking the way it is sounding in my Spotify account. I have a few clients who will probably enjoy it.

I've been looking for something a little more jazzy for a number of years now, have been working on this playlist intermittently and I feel like I have finally put some nice songs in a format that flows.

I haven't checked for the links in iTunes yet, but I figure they are there somewhere. I'll try to update this post, once I get ready to download.

Jazz Holiday Playlist (1 hour)

- sorry, but BWOL won't let me imbed the other Amazon links.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

pueppi
Registered Member

Re: Christmas Massage Music

Post by pueppi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:17 pm

pueppi wrote: I'll try to update this post, once I get ready to download.

I know its a bit post-Christmas, but I wanted to update.

I found everything on iTunes, except for the two Harry Allen tunes and the one by Armani A. W.-Murray (those three I located on Amazon).

I haven't tried it on anyone yet (one of my clients who likes Christmas music is open to letting me test it on her next week - yea!), but it's exactly 60 mins. and is quite nice playing in the office. :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

Return to “Tools of the Trade”