Memory foam or egg crate table pad?

We have grown with the industry and found we need a forum just for products on the market, places to find them and discussions regarding these items. Please be aware that discussing products or companies should be done with respect and an offer of positive knowledge for all board members.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

Masthera
Retired Site Admin

Memory foam or egg crate table pad?

Post by Masthera » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:56 pm

I am interested in adding some extra comfort to my massage table.<br>It has 3 inch foam, but is still very firm.  I don't know if it is because it is new and it will soften some with time, or it is just the way it is made.  I find it to be uncomfortable and would like to add something to make it softer.<br><br>What are your opinions on table toppers?<br><br>Are memory foam toppers worth the money?<br>Are the egg crate type good to use?<br><br>
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
- Henry Ford

14health
Fresh Hands

Re: Memory foam or egg crate table pad?

Post by 14health » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:50 am

I have memory foam on my table and 9 times out of 10 people comment on how comfy it is.  It is far more comfortable than egg crate.  But of course far more expensive too.  check out http://www.overstock.com for good deals on memory foam.  I use a table warmer under it and it makes the heat a bit more subtle and nice - people even appreciated in the summer!

Masthera
Retired Site Admin

Post by Masthera » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:21 pm

Thanks 14health.<br><br>I would have never thought to look at overstock.com for that type of thing.  They seem to have great deals on the memory foam pads.<br><br>GREAT! :)
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
- Henry Ford

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:47 am

All these years later, I still prefer egg crate to memory foam on a regular massage table. I usually use 2-3 pieces stacked on top of each other and contained on the top of the table with a mattress pad.

That said, I also have a very hard electric lift Rolfing table by Hill. That table is so hard that I decided to use a partial memory foam topper, along with 2 layers of egg crate. It seemed to help. Now the table is at the proper cushiness I like it. Not too soft and not too hard (was that like the bears, goldilocks or the princess and the pea?). :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

Return to “Tools of the Trade”