Electric-lift Table Suggestion

We have grown with the industry and found we need a forum just for products on the market, places to find them and discussions regarding these items. Please be aware that discussing products or companies should be done with respect and an offer of positive knowledge for all board members.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

Electric-lift Table Suggestion

Postby Sole_Purpose on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:04 pm

I have a beautiful, awesome, super-comfy leather recliner for reflexology. It doesn't quite get the feet up to where I need them to work comfortably. I've been working with the recliner for a year now. I'm starting to see how maybe an electric lift, salon-top massage table might work better. I could put lifts under the chair, but I'm also exploring this option.

Aside from being able to make many adjustments as needed for the feet and differing body heights, I think it might make it much easier for my senior clients to get into and out of...due to being able to lower it with arms to lean on.

So, I'm looking for suggestions on electric tables with a salon top...bends at back and knees (pneumatic adjustments), has arms, a head rest and neck support. I noticed that Oakworks seems to be priced higher than most. I've always had an Oakworks (three of them), but not sure it's the best choice in this case. Some manufacturers have a 1-yr warranty on the motor and some have a 2-yr.

A storage cabinet underneath would be nice, but wowza combined with the electric lift is lotsa, lotsa moola.

Any input is appreciated - thanks!
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Re: Electric-lift Table Suggestion

Postby pueppi on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:46 am

Robyn, I found this a while back and thought it might be an interesting alternative (scroll down the page to the video to see the potential). You know more than I, when it comes to Reflexology. I'd be interested to know what you think:

Breath Pedi-Lounge
http://touchamerica.com/taproducts.php?Product_ID=31030

All the rest are just links in case you need a link base to start with, without any brilliant input.

Living Earth Crafts has some new models too:

Here is a link for Earthlite's options Stationary and Electric Lift Massage Tables.

Stronglite has a new electric lift, but it doesn't have the "salon-top": Ergo Lift Treatment Table

And, I found this link a while back, that has a few options: http://massagetables.zoostores.com/mass ... eflexology

Last, if you decide on a hydrolic with a flat top, this bolster may be useful - http://www.customcraftworks.com/package ... goryID=170

Going back to "chairs"... http://www.backsaver.com/
The Massage Toolbox - Ideas, Resources, Tools and Music. ♫ - Or, search the Post Archives. And, visit us on Facebook.
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Sole_Purpose on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:06 pm

THANKS! :smt023

You seriously find the coolest things! That recliner is fabulous! I like how it appears easier to sit into (compared to my leather recliner), but worry about seniors unless it locks in that position. From the video, it looks like it rocks just a bit at that entry point. I am digging it otherwise. Visually beautiful, too.

I'm hoping someone will come along with a solid recommendation for me based on a few years of experience and usage. Because I am dizzy from looking at all the choices. :smt017
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby pueppi on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:52 pm

Sole_Purpose wrote: I like how it appears easier to sit into (compared to my leather recliner), but worry about seniors unless it locks in that position. From the video, it looks like it rocks just a bit at that entry point.

At about the 1.40 mark on the second video on the page (the bottom video with the developer), you can see how the lounge can be locked in any position, with that one in the side entry position.

At the 3.20 mark it will show how it locks in the seated position.

Hope that helps. I wish they could make some sort of bolstering system that would fit into the entire lounge, like a watermelon half, to turn it into a massage table as well. That would make me really interested. I am thinking about writing them with the suggestion. :)

Sole_Purpose wrote:I'm hoping someone will come along with a solid recommendation for me based on a few years of experience and usage. Because I am dizzy from looking at all the choices. :smt017

Me too... I'd love to hear more from some seasoned verterns about spa top tables. Maybe you could also serch a few esthetician forums...
The Massage Toolbox - Ideas, Resources, Tools and Music. ♫ - Or, search the Post Archives. And, visit us on Facebook.
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Sole_Purpose on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:21 am

I didn't watch the whole video... :oops:

Searching an esthetician forum sounds productive - thanks!
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby Sole_Purpose on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:32 am

pueppi wrote:I wish they could make some sort of bolstering system that would fit into the entire lounge, like a watermelon half, to turn it into a massage table as well. That would make me really interested. I am thinking about writing them with the suggestion. :)

That would be cool...so it becomes flat, correct?
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby pueppi on Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Flat... exactly! I have to think about it a bit... maybe even contact a regular upholsterer and see if they could do something like that, if the company never chose to make it an addition.

Getting off topic, I have a client I always have to tilt my table for, as she has breathing problems. So, the concept would really be useful. Yes, I have too much on my mind. :P

Back to your original question... sorry to get the thread off topic.

HEY EVERYONE>>> SolePurpose needs info on an electric lift spa top table!
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Sole_Purpose on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Nope, nope, not off topic...it's all good and relative!

pueppi wrote:HEY EVERYONE>>> SolePurpose needs info on an electric lift spa top table!

:smt038 :smt041 :smt079 :smt036
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby Sole_Purpose on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:36 pm

This old thread from 2004 had some of the info I've been hoping to find here, in case anyone else is interested. Thanks, pueppi!

viewtopic.php?t=143
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby pueppi on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:23 am

So, I got to looking at tables a little more and thought I would add a list of tables that have a Dual Column and can go into Zero Gravity, or use the Trendelenburg Tilt Function. I've only found a small sampling so far.

Walmart sells the Oakworks Performalift for $2,675.00 with Free Shipping on the link I added (on some of the other links within the WalMart pages, you will see it listed for $2,974.00). They get it from Wayfair, which also sells it for $2,675.00.

(If you click on the Wayfair site, it seems to put a cookie on your computer which will then pop up with certain ads and give you a one day coupon for 10% off their asking price. That ends up being about $265 off. And, I didn't see that they charge tax. They do allow for a $50 charge if you want the delivery men to take it off the truck for you. This is just one of the websites the coupon showed up on: http://www.netplaces.com/reflexology/re ... n-and-now/. That drops the price to something like $2408.)

Massage King has it for a little over $3000 + $100 Shipping.
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby beccalea69 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:17 am

Hello idk if you are still looking or even interested by i am selling a Earthlite Ellora 30'' Salon Top DS Buff Electric Massage Table for $1,160.00. I can come down to $1,000.00 if paid in cash. Here is my link on eBay so you can see it with all the pics: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1330647283.

Kind Regards,
beccalea69
beccalea69
Fresh Hands

Postby squash_blsm on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:57 am

I had found this one awhile back...under $1K but add in $300+ shipping
http://www.bestmassage.com/ultraflex-powerlift.html
Help make a difference in our world by joining the Spa Professionals team on Kiva.org and make a loan to someone in need today.
http://www.kiva.org/...ls/by/cindy9404
squash_blsm

Return to Tools of the Trade