Bell's Palsy

A forum focusing on discussion of injuries, illnesses, pathologies and procedures in alleviating, relieving and/or referring.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, Talenyn

Bell's Palsy

Postby HeatherMassages on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:13 pm

One more question, do I need a Doctor's permission to massage a person with Bell's Palsy? I think so, but another MT I know says no.In all my years, I've never had a client with this condition.
~*~Heather~*~

-Life is an endless struggle but eventually you'll find a Massage Therapist that you like.-
HeatherMassages
Fresh Hands

Postby AnastasiaB on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:15 pm

IMHO you are qualified to do the work without a doctor telling you what to do if you have had some experience working as an LMT for a few years. Use your own good judgement and go forward with "doing no harm" firmly in mind. Bell's Palsy is caused by an incident NOT local to the face so you will not be working over the causitive site.....

Of course, if it makes you feel safer legally and personally, call the MD for advice/consent.
Anastasia B

Be who you are and say what you feel, because people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind. - Theodore S. Geisel - [Dr. Seuss][

www.mymassageworks.embarqspace.com
AnastasiaB
Registered Member

Postby HeatherMassages on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:28 pm

Thank you for your response.I wanted a Doc's note for legal reasons.People are sue happy,I told him that no I didn't need a Doctor's note. He had an appointment today but one hour before he was suppose to come in, he canceled,so, oh well.
~*~Heather~*~

-Life is an endless struggle but eventually you'll find a Massage Therapist that you like.-
HeatherMassages
Fresh Hands

Return to Injury - Illness - Pathology - Procedure