To sponser or not to sponser?

A board covering matters of regulation and requirements as well as discussion regarding the bodywork and related professions. Wow! Now that's a lot of discussion!

Moderators: Talenyn, JLWmassage

To sponser or not to sponser?

Postby calmhead247 on Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:22 am

I am graduating school this Friday 12/19 and wil be taking the NYS exam on Jan 22, which means i wont have my license untill around March 1.  I could get sponsered and work under a temp license in the meantime if I want to. <br>My dilemma is this: a lot of "better" places won't sponser.  So, do I wait intill i get my license so my options are all open? or do I take a job now?  I'm not a person who likes to change jobs often.<br>Thanks in advance for the advice
calmhead247
Registered Member

Re: To sponser or not to sponser?

Postby Janet on Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:24 am

You can always come to NJ and work; otherwise I would take a job now just to get the experience even if you think you will change after you get your license.<br><br>
Janet

Re: To sponser or not to sponser?

Postby Joe_E on Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:25 am

I suppose this would best be answered by other NY therapists but I'll pose these questions until the others respond.  Do these "better" places hire therapists right out of school?  And would experience elsewhere, make you a more attractive candidate when you license comes through to these "better" places?   I wouldn't worry about moving around, as long as you're moving for valid reasons and it's not a habitual thing.  <br><br>Congratulations on finishing your program.   I understand NYS is one of the toughest in the country.   <br><br>All my best, Joe E. <br><br><br>
Joe_E
Registered Member

Return to County, State & Country Requirements, Legislation and Politics