Colon Cleansing

Get healthy! "Green" Living and Nutrition discussions here.

Moderator: riversinger

Colon Cleansing

Postby Shannon on Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:05 am

My mom has been talking about doing a colon cleansing. I know her and she would buy anything she sees, I however, would prefer to use something more natural.
Has anyone done this? If so what did you do or take? Pros/cons of it. Anyone advise againest it? Whatever anyone can tell me I appreciate it as I know nothing on this.
Shannon
Registered Member

Postby kathryn on Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:22 pm

Hi Shannon,
I really like Dr.Natura at www.drnatura.com. The cleanse itself consists mainly of psyllum husks and some herbs. Having a small background in herbal medicine, I think the ingredients are good and not too harsh for the system. The program includes the kidneys and liver, which is an important part of any detox.

I used it myself and was happy with the results.
kathryn
Registered Member

Colon Cleanse

Postby askahealer on Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:59 pm

Age can be a factor, as can general health and medications.

If she is under a doctor's care, I'd suggest asking first.

Also, if taking medications, I usually suggest a person not take cleanse products within 2 hours of taking meds.

If she is in otherwise good health, there are still things to look at such as water intake.

If she's not willing to up her water intake, a cleanse may not be as effective as she would wish it to be.

I feel preparation and understanding about cleansing is as important as finding the right cleanse.

I'd start at a time when she has a day or two to take it easy, not when she's going to have engagements, appointments, etc.

I'd stress more water intake, moderate exercise to help the colon be naturally stimulated...stretching is great, provided she is in good health to do so.

Eating light and healthy during a cleanse definitely helps. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies, no fried foods, white flours, refined sugar or red meats.

I know of a couple of really good cleanses but am unsure about posting information here so if you want that info, just email me or visit my profile for my site info.
Blessings, Neva
askahealer
Registered Member

Return to Nutrition and Natural Living