Nutrition and Fatigue

Get healthy! "Green" Living and Nutrition discussions here.

Moderator: riversinger

Re: Nutrition and Fatigue

Postby Graci on Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:09 am

I know that the Chiro. pays something like $16-$20 per container. They retail at about $32-$35. (30 servings) Can't remember exactly, but that's pretty close. They get better deals when they buy large quantities at conventions though.
Life may not be the party we hoped for,
but while we are here, we might as well dance!!!

Enjoy the journey...
Graci
Registered Member

Postby sagetherapist on Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:36 am

Thanks you guys.<br>I was just wondering; thinking it would be about a dollar a serving or so.<br>I have used Reliv products for myself & my daughter. the thing is that most of them really are not palatable by themselves. Then you find yourself making these smoothies, etc. As a mom of a 2 yr old, I can't always go through the prep & cleanup to make shakes, etc. The simplicity & the "great taste" promise sounded good to me.<br><br>Jill/Sagetherapist
sagetherapist
Registered Member

Postby Texas-gal on Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:44 pm

Here's a few links to some snacks that may be helpful:

Power Sticks
http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/s ... ght=snacks

Healthy Snack Ideas

Does Anyone have easy snack ideas?
Last edited by Texas-gal on Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas-gal

Postby StressSolutions on Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:36 pm

Greens:    It comes in either pills or powder form.  Good stuff.<br><br>Edit:  the link didn't work, and was making the board blow out.  So if you want to do a little searching, www.choices4u.net click on health/nutrition, greens will be somewhere nearby.  They have it single bottle price as well as case price, but I think the case price is listed first...kinda scary at first glance. mk
StressSolutions

Postby Masthera on Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:28 am

Jill, <br>I went ahead and asked for the sample package.  I didn't include my phone number just wrote "no calls please" on the line and I figure if they send aggressive email, I should have the option to unsubscribe. <br> <br>I'll let you know what I end up with.
<br><br>Got my samples.  I tried the one called Red Alert, but didn't like it.  Now I have to work up to trying the other 2 samples (dream protein and Greens first).  I just don't think I will ever like a power mixed drink, but I will try the other two.  I can say this one wasn't as gritty tasting as the rest.
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
- Henry Ford
Masthera
Retired Site Admin

Postby sagetherapist on Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:41 am

masthera,<br>thanks for following through with your feedback on the samples. I found a local place that sells it for $39.95 - the gal says its a one month supply. I asked her if she could specifically attest to its taste. She says it tastes like spearmint & is pleasant. Forevergreen is another product (MLM though, watch that) that is big on chocolate & its antioxidant qualities. they have something called raindrops to add to water. I loved it. I could taste the spearmint & the geranium in it. It was delightful, but then again, the container of Thunder (the chocoate powdered shake mix) is largely wasted, sitting on a shelf. It was good though. I loved it mixed with a tablesppoon of organic peanutbutter & ice. They have something called Red dragon - it must be something along the lines of what you are trying??? The gal I bought it from says that Raindrops have the contents of both red and white dragon in it, so its inclusive.<br><br>I'm curious as to how the greens first tastes.<br><br>Thanks again for the feedback!<br>Jill/sagetherapist
sagetherapist
Registered Member

Postby jillith on Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:23 am

Smoothies would be great at times if they weren't gritty tasting.  Anyone know of some that pack some protein, are low in sugar, and aren't gritty.

you should check out rice protein. you won't even taste it. :) i sometimes use organic plain yogurt too.
jillith
Registered Member

Postby Fusion1 on Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:04 am

I take a few containers with me that hold servings of Whey Protien. I bring a shaker bottle I can just add water too and no need for a blender (Stuff like Optimum Nutrition or Natures Best Isopure makes easily blendable powders that taste great even with water). It is low in fat high in protein and it gives you a natural lift unlike caffeine and it satisfies your hunger somewhat inbetween meals.

For something a little more solid, I'd recommend as mentioned on here nuts or trail mix, and in a pinch I keep a few flavors of Clif Bars in my car (yes I know they are loaded with sugar but I guess that's my only guilty pleasure haha). In the heat of the day the Lemon Poppy Seed or Banana Nut Bread flavors taste like they are fresh out of the oven, and there is no chocolate to worry about melting to the wrapper.
Fusion1
Registered Member

Previous

Return to Nutrition and Natural Living