Schools in Seattle, WA area

Interested in a particular curriculum or just want to find more information about a certain institution. Looking for colleagues from your alma mater? Gather 'round, we've got a place for you.

Moderator: stonegirl

thespiritactor
Fresh Hands

Schools in Seattle, WA area

Post by thespiritactor » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:25 am

Hi all,

I have made a decision to start on a Licensed Massage Therapy career. There are so many potential "positives" to choosing this career - i'm about as excited as I can remember in a long time.

The first leg of my journey of course, is deciding upon the right school. No matter which school I attend, I'll be owing a big chunk of money at the end of it - and I want to come out of this feeling rejuvenated and excited, not horrified for having made the worst decision of my life (if i happen upon a bad school).

Some schools are substantially less expensive but do not seem to offer quite as full a curriculum. Other schools are pretty darned expensive - but seem to have a very extensive curriculum - which I can only hope would translate into more potential for opportunities.

When all is said and done, I plan to have personally met with all of the schools of interest, that being:

Everest College (I have met w/them, and at current time - am most impressed w/their program)
Lake Washington Technical College
Cortiva
Northwest Academy for the Healing Arts

I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences with any of the schools listed above that they might be willing to share, good, bad or indifferent.

Thank You!!

JasonE
Moderator-S.S.S

Re: Schools in Seattle, WA area

Post by JasonE » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:45 pm

I posted some things to consider in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18321

I hope those help you evaluate your options from another perspective so you can choose the best one for you. I have no experience with the schools in your area, so can not provide more direct guidance. You are looking at a substantial investment of time, money, and effort, so take the time to investigate thoroughly before making your final selection. You will always feel better about having done so.
Jason Erickson, NCTMB, ACE-CPT, AIS-TA
Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer
http://www.CSTMinnesota.com

Internet forums are like going to the zoo; if you get enough monkeys together, sooner or later someone will start throwing their poo.

thespiritactor
Fresh Hands

Post by thespiritactor » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:58 am

Thanks Jason!

~Andy

SaraiMelting
Fresh Hands

Post by SaraiMelting » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 pm

thespiritactor wrote:Hi all,

I have made a decision to start on a Licensed Massage Therapy career. There are so many potential "positives" to choosing this career - i'm about as excited as I can remember in a long time.

The first leg of my journey of course, is deciding upon the right school. No matter which school I attend, I'll be owing a big chunk of money at the end of it - and I want to come out of this feeling rejuvenated and excited, not horrified for having made the worst decision of my life (if i happen upon a bad school).

Some schools are substantially less expensive but do not seem to offer quite as full a curriculum. Other schools are pretty darned expensive - but seem to have a very extensive curriculum - which I can only hope would translate into more potential for opportunities.

When all is said and done, I plan to have personally met with all of the schools of interest, that being:

Everest College (I have met w/them, and at current time - am most impressed w/their program)
Cortiva

I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences with any of the schools listed above that they might be willing to share, good, bad or indifferent.

Thank You!!
I would like to see some feedback about these schools as well from their graduates.

SaraiMelting
Fresh Hands

Post by SaraiMelting » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 pm

thespiritactor wrote:Hi all,

Cortiva

Thank You!!
I would like to see some feedback about these schools as well from their graduates.

Return to “School & Curriculum Discussion”