Peel Off Body Wraps

Discussion of treatments including, but not limited to: muds, masks, parafango, waxing, hydrotherapy, facials, thallasotherapy, dermabrasion, etc. Popular topics will be given their own forum upon request.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, squash_blsm

sagetherapist
Registered Member

Peel Off Body Wraps

Post by sagetherapist » Fri May 27, 2005 5:19 am

Did anyone else (ha ha) get the new day spa warehouse catalog? I got kinda excited about the KUR Peel Off body masks, especially the Cooling/Slimming one, especially for July/August heat around here. I also love the idea of the Coffee version (caffeine is a great skin toning & slimming agent, plus I loves mah java!). I'm going to try it out. I'd love to offer a wrap that doesn't need a shower (don't have one!), or too many messy, wet towels to deal with afterwards.<br><br>Anybody ever used these before?<br><br>The info box says the alginates "gel up" when mixed with water. Sets in 8 minutes. Peels off in one piece. Have always been tempted to try parafango because of this, but dislike paraffin, so I haven't. <br>Jill/sagetherapist

Nanette
Fresh Hands

Re: Peel Off Body Wraps

Post by Nanette » Sun May 29, 2005 4:30 am

Hey Jill!  I would be very interested in hearing how using this product goes.  I too have always been interested in offering wraps that don't require a shower.  I have tried the parafango and found it has a lot more to using it than a typical wrap.<br><br>Nanette
***Nanette***

SpiritedJen
Registered Member

Post by SpiritedJen » Sun May 29, 2005 4:58 am

I'd be interested in these types of wraps as well. What catalog was this Jill? I'd like to check it out. I don't have a shower available but would love to offer these kinds of services.
~*Jen*~
"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit."
Helen Keller
www.spiritedawaymassage.abmp.com

lecontefairy
Registered Member

Post by lecontefairy » Sun May 29, 2005 10:52 am

Jill,<br><br>I'm also interested in the catalog name.  I offer a wrap based on the set n me free style of wrapping without their product.  It would be nice to offer a different type in the summer.  Thank you.<br><br>LeContefairy

sagetherapist
Registered Member

Post by sagetherapist » Sun May 29, 2005 2:56 pm

Its Day Spa Warehouse; an offshoot from Massage Warehouse. I'm sure you can access it online through their main web site. I'm particularly interested in the cooling, slimming wrap cuz it'll soon get to 112-115 degrees here, and slimming is always a nice idea too! ha. There's something like twenty peel off wraps (some are for face only). I'll let you know, but anybody out there have any previous experience with this? Or with KUR products? (I have had some of their soy candles, but that's it.)<br><br>Jill/Sagetherapist

SpiritedJen
Registered Member

Post by SpiritedJen » Sun May 29, 2005 3:25 pm

From the Massage Warehouse site:

(search: peel off)
http://www.massagewarehouse.com/category.asp?SEARCH=yes
~*Jen*~
"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit."
Helen Keller

lecontefairy
Registered Member

Post by lecontefairy » Sun May 29, 2005 3:44 pm

Thank you SpiritedJen and Jill/Sagetherapist,<br><br>Looks very interesting, I would like to know more about this also.  I think I will call and request a catalog.  <br><br>You two are great! I have searched for about 45 minutes and could only find a little info on a Kur website.  You can't order from the site though.  Urg!! One day I will become more user friendly.  Until then, I'm thankful for this forum!!!<br><br>LeContefairy<br>

Staggnant
Registered Member

Post by Staggnant » Tue May 31, 2005 3:24 pm

I too am interested in the cooling/slimming masks, being in Southeast Texas and being right across the street from a tanning salon. From the link SpiritedJen provided, they seem relatively low-priced for a 1lb item, but I'm wondering how many treatments 1lb would yield? (And what's up with the Indus Body Mud being $0.00? I put the amount to order as 10 to see if it was an error, and it was starting to let me check out, but I didn't continue as I don't want to rip off MW nor end up with a nice hefty fee)

SpiritedJen
Registered Member

Post by SpiritedJen » Tue May 31, 2005 5:26 pm

I thought the prices sounded good too. BUT the thing about MW is that there are no descriptions for most of the items. It doesn't inspire purchases, that's for sure. It's too bad. There have been many times that I wanted to buy something from MW but since the site tells me nearly nothing about the product I don't end up ordering.
~*Jen*~
Helen Keller

lecontefairy
Registered Member

Post by lecontefairy » Tue May 31, 2005 5:42 pm

SpiritedJen,<br><br>I agree.  I ordered a catalog today hoping there would be more of a description in it.  Jill/Sagetherapist or anyone else with the catalog, is there more of a description for the peel off body masks?  I'll also post when my catalog arrives.  Thanks<br><br>Very thoughtful Staggnant!!!<br><br>LeContefairy

sagetherapist
Registered Member

Post by sagetherapist » Tue May 31, 2005 8:04 pm

yes, the catalogs tell about the alginate ingredients that form a gel when mixed with water & lots more. there's a nice descriptive paragraph for each product, etc. About the 1 lb packaging & the yield of body treatments. I asked my husband to help. He's a Chef & deals with weights & measures (and he's a big smart you-know-what). He says an English pound is 500 grams, an American pond is about 454 grams. The facial products say that approx 1/16th of a pound (30 grams-ish) is enough for one facial treatment. We all know that bodies are very different. Ask the folks at massage warehouse for a catalog. I'm going for it this week. I'll be sure to write  some feedback.<br>jill/sagetherapist

lecontefairy
Registered Member

Post by lecontefairy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:01 am

Thanks Jill,<br><br>Can we borrow your big smart you know what of a husband, I get squimish when it comes to grams and stuff. (hehe)  I am looking forward to receiving the catalog.  Good luck to you, keep us posted!<br><br>LeContefairy

Staggnant
Registered Member

Post by Staggnant » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:35 am

Wow, approx 16 treatments for $18.99. I'd really like to try the product! I'll try to order some tonight and let everyone know how it goes when it comes in. ;D For those who have used products like these before, are these better to be mixed in a plastic bowl or a rubber bowl? How much does it harden, in other words?

sagetherapist
Registered Member

Post by sagetherapist » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:18 pm

Stagg,<br>Just to clarify, its 16 facial treatments for the $18.99 pound. Who knows how much you'll use for a full body treatment. I'm hoping at least 2-3 per lb. I don't see doing many full body TXs... maybe lower body & waist??? I can't wait to experiment.<br> <br>Jill/Sagetherapist

Staggnant
Registered Member

Post by Staggnant » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:16 pm

Ahh, never thought of it that way. Hrm... Maybe I'll start out with 1lb, and see how it goes. I'd also probably end up doing more lower body treatments, as it amazes me at how many people think they have huge legs that may need slimming (whether they need it or not, people always seem to think their legs look big ???).

melb
Registered Member

Post by melb » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:43 pm

I asked my husband to help. He's a Chef & deals with weights & measures (and he's a big smart you-know-what). He says an English pound is 500 grams, an American pond is about 454 grams. The facial products say that approx 1/16th of a pound (30 grams-ish)
A pound is a pound, English/American - both are 454g, though that often gets rounded down to 450g. If you're reading European cook books that say 500g and just use a pound, you have to watch the number of eggs (if it uses a lot of eggs).

One thing that IS different is tablespoons - sometimes they are 15ml and sometimes they are 20ml, US seems to be 15ml, UK seems to me moving towards 15ml, but old recipes will be 20ml tablespoons - you don't ofen see "2 tblsp" in English cook books, they'll say "40ml".

sagetherapist
Registered Member

Post by sagetherapist » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:17 am

yep, we stand corrected. My husband is from Holland & he was talking about 1 kilo (1000 grams) & a 'pound' being half od that (500 grams).... in his Dutch head! I just called him (smarty pants) & he said... "you know what? An English lb & an American lb are the same." Thanks melb. (Did I mention he's as stubborn as he is smart? He didn't like my asking him to help me find a source to prove/disprove this! ha ha)<br>Jill/sagetherapist

melb
Registered Member

Post by melb » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:53 pm

At least he is roughly aware of what a pound and a kilogram are :) Most people only know their own measuring system and ignore the other :) He's got two :) Everything in Europe/Australia is packaged as 1kg, 500g, 250g, etc. and it is rougly 2lb, 1lb, half pound etc.  Most scales in AUstralia still have lb and kg on them.

happyhands
Registered Member

Post by happyhands » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:05 pm

I ordered this over a week ago ....Its all and I mean all of it is back ordered. Hopefully it comes soon. Most of my clients are very excited about it to.   Really I want to try it on my self first. haha ;D
HappyHands

sagetherapist
Registered Member

Post by sagetherapist » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:56 am

I'm still waiting for my back oredr too. I ordered it 2 weeks ago. I'm getting anxious to experiment!<br>Jill/sagetherapist

Staggnant
Registered Member

Post by Staggnant » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:21 am

Is there an ETA (estimated time for arrival) for the product? Or did they just say "backordered"?

sagetherapist
Registered Member

Post by sagetherapist » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:23 am

I called yesterday & they said they should be receiving more next week. I really am looking forward to trying it out, but I'm getting annoyed too.<br><br>Jill/Sagetherapist

Staggnant
Registered Member

Post by Staggnant » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:28 am

That's understandable. You guys are waiting for peel-off masks, and I'm waiting for massage creme. Should be in next week, but I've only got enough creme to do about 4 or 5 more clients. Yikes!<br><br>That's what I get for procrastinating though... Maybe I should order the peel-off wraps NOW...

happyhands
Registered Member

Post by happyhands » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:20 pm

got it and its great. I have got to order more. The clients love it and are rescheduling for more. This is a great mask since I don't have a shower in our spa. Now I can offer more services with the more showerless treatments. ;D
HappyHands

sagetherapist
Registered Member

Post by sagetherapist » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:50 pm

happyhands,<br>Which one(s) did you order/try? I am waiting for the cooling/slimming & the coffee thermal. Did the mask peel off really well? Did you apply anything to the body before the mask? I am so curious & excited about this. Please tell some details.<br>Jill/Sagetherapist

Return to “Spa Techniques”