Foot Baths?

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Foot Baths?

Postby Sage Rose on Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:22 pm

Hi,
I saw on an earlier post a link for a foot bowl and was wondering where to find one. I've been looking online and in home good stores but haven't been able to find something yet.
Right now i clean the feet with a spray before the treatment begins but would like to start using aromatheraphy or salts.
Any Suggestions?
Sage Rose
Fresh Hands

Postby makingachange on Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:19 pm

i used to use foot baths before every session.. the clients *adored* them.

that being said, they could be a bit of a pain if you don't have a sink large enough to be able to thoroughly clean the tub. at the time, i used a tub with jets and worked in a hair salon. i used one of the shampoo bowls to clean it b/c of the high temp and high pressure sprayer. that meant a lot of lugging dirty water.

now that i have my own practice and no shampoo bowls, i've improvised. i no longer do the bath per se, instead i use my large hot towels from the towel cabby. i've soaked them in essential oil water prior to heating them and use the towels to clean the feet as well as add heat to soften the musculature and joints.

having just taken phase I of reflexology, i would like to implement that baths again, but i don't have a sink large enough to clean the tubs properly. so i guess i'll be sticking with the hot towels unless i can find something better.

this probably didn't help much, sorry for the long ramble.
amanda
makingachange
Registered Member

Postby Sage Rose on Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:32 pm

Thanks so much for the tips. I've used towels in the past and am thinking about that again. after i made this post i searched the site and found a lot of different ideas.
the idea of having heated towels with the ess. oil is awesome and probably the most practical for me.

courtney
Sage Rose
Fresh Hands

Postby Dragonflies on Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:37 am

I use a bubbling foot bath from Conair (I think), which seems to work just fine for me and my clients. However, I do have access to a large sink in the handicap bathroom so cleanup isn't much of an issue there. What about those inflatable foot tubs from Avon and the like? I wonder if that would work better for cleanup in small sinks because it can be collapsed?
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

SANIJET Pipeless Footbaths: The Clean Alternative

Postby screamingeagle on Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:57 pm

I'm new to reflexlogy. Would something like the following work? It's called the "SANIJET Pipeless Footbaths: The Clean Alternative"

http://www.sanijet.com/trade.htm
screamingeagle
Fresh Hands

Re: SANIJET Pipeless Footbaths: The Clean Alternative

Postby Dragonflies on Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:03 pm

screamingeagle wrote:I'm new to reflexlogy. Would something like the following work? It's called the "SANIJET Pipeless Footbaths: The Clean Alternative"

What a clever idea! How much do they run?
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Re: SANIJET Pipeless Footbaths: The Clean Alternative

Postby screamingeagle on Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:15 am

Dragonflies wrote:
screamingeagle wrote:I'm new to reflexlogy. Would something like the following work? It's called the "SANIJET Pipeless Footbaths: The Clean Alternative"

What a clever idea! How much do they run?

I don't know, I've never looked into the price. It's my guess that it doesn't come cheap. :)
screamingeagle
Fresh Hands

Postby Sage Rose on Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:35 pm

wow! that is a really cool foot bath screamingeagle.
that's going right on my wish list. the avon bath is a really good idea, i know it's a seasonal item so i'm checking into that. thanks everybody.
have you guys ever heard of a foot soak place? i came across this site and can't wait to try it out.
http://www.soakportland.com/default.asp
i was just thinking of a couple of stones and maybe ess oils before a treatment (for the client)
but these foot soaks sound wonderful! ( for me :)
Sage Rose
Fresh Hands

Foot Bath

Postby screamingeagle on Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:35 pm

Sage Rose wrote:wow! that is a really cool foot bath screamingeagle.
that's going right on my wish list. the avon bath is a really good idea, i know it's a seasonal item so i'm checking into that. thanks everybody.
have you guys ever heard of a foot soak place? i came across this site and can't wait to try it out.
http://www.soakportland.com/default.asp
i was just thinking of a couple of stones and maybe ess oils before a treatment (for the client)
but these foot soaks sound wonderful! ( for me :)

Wow! I'm so glad that people like this product. I've always thought it would be a good warm up prior to a reflexology session.
screamingeagle
Fresh Hands

Postby makingachange on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:03 pm

screaming eagle -
did you get/do you have the sanijet?

i'm really leaning towards this tub simply because of the sanitation issue - i love the whirlpool thing so much but hate the thought of yucky stuff staying inside.

just curious to know if you've made the investment or not.

amanda
makingachange
Registered Member

SANIJET Pipeless Footbaths: The Clean Alternative

Postby screamingeagle on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:10 pm

Hi Amanda:
Like you, I'm "leaning towards this tub." So, I haven't tried it yet.

Happy Holidays,
Robert

harperorium wrote:screaming eagle -
did you get/do you have the sanijet?

i'm really leaning towards this tub simply because of the sanitation issue - i love the whirlpool thing so much but hate the thought of yucky stuff staying inside.

just curious to know if you've made the investment or not.

amanda
screamingeagle
Fresh Hands

Postby makingachange on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:18 pm

wow, you really are a lightning-fast responder! you should be 'screaming fast eagle' !!

i've noticed differences in prices as far as purchasing from a company like new life systems vs. directly from sanijet.

i wonder if you purchase from the comp. directly if warranty is better?

i did recv. package from them with dvd about their baths and i've got to tell you, it's super convincing and i know i won't buy anything else.

the other thing is that at new life you can do a payment plan but with sanijet you have to pay up front. it also takes about 2 wks to ship.

oh, and sanijet will assemble for you for $40... wonder how hard it would be to assemble yourself?

amanda
makingachange
Registered Member

Postby screamingeagle on Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:23 pm

Hi Amanda:
Having my yahoo messenger on helps to be able to respond quickly :)

I actually didn't know that one has to assemble the foot bath. I suspect it wouldn't be hard to assemble. I like the idea of having a payment plan, thank you for the information.

Take Care,
Robert

harperorium wrote:wow, you really are a lightning-fast responder! you should be 'screaming fast eagle' !!

i've noticed differences in prices as far as purchasing from a company like new life systems vs. directly from sanijet.

i wonder if you purchase from the comp. directly if warranty is better?

i did recv. package from them with dvd about their baths and i've got to tell you, it's super convincing and i know i won't buy anything else.

the other thing is that at new life you can do a payment plan but with sanijet you have to pay up front. it also takes about 2 wks to ship.

oh, and sanijet will assemble for you for $40... wonder how hard it would be to assemble yourself?

amanda
screamingeagle
Fresh Hands

Postby makingachange on Mon May 22, 2006 5:27 pm

well, i did get my portable sanijet tub after the first of the year.

i use it religiously, and i have to say, i *LOVE* it. totally worth the investment.

super easy to clean once you learn the technique of removing the parts. it keeps the water ultra warm, is easy to move around, and the whirlpool jets feel awesome!

it did come in at just over 1K, but like i stated before, the assurance of the cleanliness is priceless to me. most of my reflexology clients are handicapped and physically vulnerable. i want to make sure that EVERYONE, even those with not-so-healthy feet, have a safe and therapeutic experience. having worked in a salon before, i've seen the yuck that gets stuck in other equipment.

just my .02!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."~
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
makingachange
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:38 am

livingwell wrote:well, i did get my portable sanijet tub after the first of the year.

i use it religiously, and i have to say, i *LOVE* it. totally worth the investment.

super easy to clean once you learn the technique of removing the parts. it keeps the water ultra warm, is easy to move around, and the whirlpool jets feel awesome!

it did come in at just over 1K, but like i stated before, the assurance of the cleanliness is priceless to me. most of my reflexology clients are handicapped and physically vulnerable. i want to make sure that EVERYONE, even those with not-so-healthy feet, have a safe and therapeutic experience. having worked in a salon before, i've seen the yuck that gets stuck in other equipment.

just my .02!

Thanks for sharing your experience on the sanijet. Sounds like a great tool to have in your practice! :)
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby screamingeagle on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Hi Livingwell:
Do you add any foot soak to your sanijet tub for your clients?

Would the following foot soak work well? http://www.bulksoapsupplies.com/shopusa/index.php?categoryID=4030&PHPSESSID=722ba95f00322dba0057cdd8a6844d45

[quote="livingwell"]well, i did get my portable sanijet tub after the first of the year.

just my .02!
screamingeagle
Fresh Hands

Postby makingachange on Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:36 am

actually, i do - epsom and eo's. but that mixture looks great and already made up!

thanks for sharing the link!

good to see you on the forum, hope things are going well

amanda
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."~
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
makingachange
Registered Member

Re: Foot Baths?

Postby pueppi on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:18 pm

The Massage Toolbox - Ideas, Resources, Tools and Music. ♫ - Or, search the Post Archives. And, visit us on Facebook.
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics