Reflex Point for Hemmorhoids?

Discussion of reflexology techniques, both generic and modality specific.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Reflex Point for Hemmorhoids?

Postby askahealer on Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm

What's the best reflexology technique to use when someone has hemmorhoids? I don't find that specific condition in my reflexology books. One reflexologist I worked with said she worked around the edge of the heel with a thumbnail press and release action. Does anyone else know any other techniques?
askahealer
Registered Member

Postby makingachange on Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:41 am

that's the only one i know of, but a complete digestive work-over would be in order. i'd probably also work achilles and the area under the ankle.

good luck!
makingachange
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:55 am

Personally I find it most effective to work the "tailbone" and lower pelvic floor reflexes - if one part of the pelvic floor is tight I'd bet it is making the neighbors a bit uncomfortable too. General thumb walking or a nice, gentle to start, knuckle glide across the pelvic floor area can give some relief for a short period of time.

As a birth doula I encounter the hemorrhoid question often - one thing that seems to work really well is Thayer's Witch Hazel in either bottle form or the astringent pads. My female clients squirt some from the Thayer's bottle right onto a feminine napkin and throw it in the freezer for some relief from hemorrhoids, an episiotomy or tearing/stitches. Works wonders for temporary relief.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Excellent feedback

Postby askahealer on Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:18 am

Thanks! Really good feedback. Much appreciated, Dragonflies and makingachange.

Also, thanks for the info on witch hazel. I'll store that in my memory files as well.
askahealer
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Techniques and Other Thoughts